Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
This week in Android: A glimpse of the POCOphone F2?
This week we learned all about Xiaomi’s upcoming Redmi K20 and K20 Pro phones, which offer great specs for an absurdly low price. It offers the same incredible value as last year’s budget king POCOphone F1, and although it isn’t officially called the Pocophone F2, the Redmi K20 Pro checks all the right boxes to be the F1 successor.
In non-Android news, Computex took place this week in Taiwan. It featured some truly interesting laptop designs, like the ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo with two screens. There was even a display for custom PC cases that you’ve got to see to believe.
Next week we’ll see the launch of the Oneplus 7, which retains the same look and feel of the OnePlus 6T. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of the Oneplus 7 Pro, but it still delivers on the OnePlus promise of flagship performance at a lower price. Early June will also see the release of the mid-range Moto Z4 for those of you who are heavily invested in the Moto Mod ecosystem.
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- The Redmi K20 Pro is everything the POCOphone F2 should be — Will the Redmi K20 Pro become the POCOphone F2 in global markets? Here’s why we hope it will be.
- ASUS Zenfone 6 review: An absolute steal — If you want 90 percent of a flagship for 50 percent of the price, this is the phone to beat.
- OnePlus 7 impressions: It’s ‘Flagship Killer’ all over again — Value flagship done right! Here are our early impressions of OnePlus’ latest.
- Motorola Moto Z4 hands-on: Moto keeps the Mod line alive — The Moto Z4 is a mid-range phone, but can be upgraded to 5G with a snap-on mod.
- Pocophone F1 redux: Still the best value for money? — We take a look back at the legendary POCOphone F1 to see if it still holds up in 2019!
- ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo hands on – are two screens better than one? — ASUS takes its screenpad to a new level with its new Zenbook Duo and Pro Duo.
- Behind the scenes at realme’s manufacturing facility — Ever wondered how a smartphone is put together? Find out here!
- Meizu 16s review: Intriguing hardware, frustrating software — This is no marketing ploy like the Meizu Zero, but is it a phone you might actually want to buy?
- AirPods (2019) review: Android users have better options — They improve upon the older ones in a few key ways, but does that matter if you’re rocking an Android device?
- Is the Pixel 3a what Google Pixel should have been from the start? — Are these Nexus-like phones what Pixel was always meant to be?
Learn more on the Android Authority Podcast
On this week’s edition of the podcast we talk about the Moto Z4 and give our impressions of ASUS’ new dual screen laptops. Listen to the whole episode below!
Want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Subscribe using your favorite player below!
Who wants to win a OnePlus 7 Pro?
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.