Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
This week in Android: Under-display selfie cams and cheap 5G phones
This week at OPPO’s annual Innovation Day in China we got a glimpse at the future with impressive under-display selfie cam technology. We also got some details about the OPPO Find X2, which is the follow up to one of the most interesting phones from last year, the OPPO Find X.
We also got our first taste of 2020’s upcoming wave of 5G phones powered by Qualcomm’s latest processors. The Redmi K30 sports the new Snapdragon 765G processor with a built-in 5G modem, at prices starting below $300 (just in China, for now).
On the review side, we had a look at two smartwatches: the Moto 360 (2019 edition) and the HONOR Watch Magic 2. We also checked out two other devices in the Mi Air Purifier 3 and the Sega Genesis Mini, which could be a great gift for the holidays.
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- Moto 360 (2019) review: A good watch on a so-so platform — I like this watch. A lot. But can you live with Wear OS?
- HONOR Watch Magic 2 review: A smartwatch just in name — An excellent fitness wearable, but not much of a smartwatch.
- Mi Air Purifier 3 review: Democratizing clean air — The Mi Air Purifier 3 is one of the most accessible options around to keep air pollution at bay.
- Apple AirPods Pro vs HUAWEI Freebuds 3: The pro or the clone? — When it comes to true wireless earbuds, active noise cancelling is hard to come by. So which pair is best for you?
- Oppo’s under-display camera means we can finally stop arguing about notches — OPPO’s new under-display camera technology means the notch debate will finally die.
- The OPPO Find X2 is coming, and we’ve got the scoop — A discussion with OPPO revealed that the OPPO Find X2 is coming in Q1 of 2020. Here’s everything we know so far.
- You don’t need 108MP: Here’s why a 12MP camera phone is more than enough — Are 48MP and above cameras really necessary? Here’s why I think a 12MP camera is more than enough.
- If Android battery life improves in 2020, we can thank iPhone 11 — Hopefully, smartphone makers have received the message: people want better battery life.
- Microsoft Edge Chromium is already a viable alternative to Chrome and Firefox — Tired of Chrome and Firefox? Microsoft Edge based on Chromium is well worth testing out.
- CES 2020: What to expect from the Las Vegas trade show — CES 2020 is nearly here! Here’s what we expect to see at the Las Vegas trade show.
Learn more on the Android Authority Podcast
This week on the podcast the team is joined by Mr. Mobile to talk about Samsung’s sketchy Fold sales numbers, Motorola’s new smartwatch, and new features dropping into Pixel phones.
Want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Subscribe using your favorite player below!
Who wants to win a Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus?
This week, we’re giving away a brand new Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus smartphone. Enter this week’s Sunday giveaway for your chance to win!
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.