Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to verify your Tinder account
In today’s day and age, you can never be too careful online. People are often not who they say they are, as they can appear as anyone. On Tinder, this same sentiment carries over — however, they’ve implemented a way to combat this. Tinder verification is a way to authenticate your account, letting people know that you are who you say you are. Verification makes Tinder safe and makes it easier to connect with real people. Let’s go over how to verify your Tinder account.
Read more: How to unmatch somebody on the Tinder app
To verify your Tinder account, go to your Tinder profile. Tap the grey checkmark next to your name, then take a series of photos of yourself posing the same way as Tinder's model. Submit your images for verification, then wait for your blue checkmark to appear.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
What does it mean to be verified on Tinder?
Verification was added as a safety-focused update in 2020. It’s one of the ways Tinder is trying to eliminate catfishing and Tinder bots. If you’re verified, that means that “you are the real you.”
When you’re verified, you can tell by the blue checkmark next to your name. It looks similar to the verification badge on Twitter.
How to get verified on Tinder
Tinder verification is quite simple. You must take a series of photos posing the same way as the Tinder-provided model. Once you’ve taken these photos, submit them and wait for your authentication. This shouldn’t take more than ten minutes.
HOW TO VERIFY YOURSELF ON TINDER
1. Launch Tinder and go to your profile.
2. Tap the grey checkmark icon next to your name.
3. In the Get Verified box, tap NEXT.
4. In the How it works box, tap VERIFY ME.
5. Tap the 1ST POSE button and allow Tinder to access your device's camera. Pose the same way as the model and take the picture.
6. If the first picture you took is satisfactory, tap YES, NEXT POSE.
7. Tap the 2ND POSE button and allow Tinder to access your device's camera. Pose the same way as the model and take the second picture.
8. In the Do these pics match? box, tap SUBMIT FOR REVIEW.
9. Tap OKAY in the Verification Under Review box.
10. Wait for your verification to go through. If successful, you should soon see a blue checkmark next to your name.
Read more: What does the blue star mean on Tinder?