Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Latest Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 update brings eSIM support, more
Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 series update hub! Here you’ll find all the latest information on software updates for Samsung’s latest clamshell foldable phone. We’ll tell you the current software versions for the device and give you a heads up when new updates are rolling out.
You can expect the Galaxy Z Flip 3 to get four major Android upgrades, including Android 12, Android 13, Android 14, and Android 15. Samsung also guarantees the Galaxy Z Flip 3 will receive at least five years of security updates.
- Current stable version: Android 12
- When will the Galaxy Z Flip 3 get Android 13? December/January 2023 (estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 update
June 17, 2022: Only a week after its most recent update, the Galaxy Z Flip 3 is getting a second June 2022 update (via XDA-Developers). This new software lands as F711U1UEU2DVEE for the unlocked models and F711USQU2DVEE for the T-Mobile variant. Notably, this update includes eSIM support, a feature the phone did not have up until now.
Here’s the complete changelog:
- Overall stability of your device has been improved.
- The security of your device has been improved.
- The camera’s functions have been improved.
- The ‘Auto framing’ feature is supported in video mode and some video call apps.
- The quality of pictures taken with social or camera apps downloaded from the application store has been improved.
- eSIM support
- Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS) support
You can manually check for the update by heading to Settings > Software update > Download and install on your phone.
- June 10, 2022: Samsung is now rolling out an update to the Galaxy Z Flip 3 that brings new camera features to the phone. The OTA is 1.1GB in size and comes with firmware version F711BXXU2CVEB. It adds an auto framing option for video calls, the ability to use Samsung’s optimizations and effects in social media apps, telephoto lens support in Pro mode, and more. Notably, all these features have been ported over from the Galaxy S22 series.
- May 3, 2022: Samsung rolled out the May 2022 update to the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3 in the US (via SamMobile). The update addressed dozens of privacy and security issues, in addition to providing general bug fixes and stability improvements.
- April 11, 2022: Samsung is now pushing out the latest Android security patch to the Galaxy Z Flip 3 (via SamMobile). The April 2022 patch also has a fix for the “Dirty Pipe” exploit. Thankfully, the Galaxy Z Flip 3 was never susceptible to the exploit, but it’s nice to have the patch either way.
- October 20, 2021: Samsung is now pushing the latest Galaxy Z Flip update to markets beyond the US. According to SamMobile, the firmware version F711BXXU2AUJ7 brings the October 2021 security patch to the device, as well as a lengthy list of additional patches from Samsung itself.
- September 6, 2021: Firmware version F711BXXU2AUI1 brought the September 2021 Android security patch to Samsung’s new flip phone.
- August 31, 2021: Samsung rolled out the One UI 3.1.1 to the Galaxy Z Flip 3. The new version of the software introduced a few new features, including an option to extend battery health. The setting allows Samsung users to limit the top-end charging on their device at 85% capacity. The update also improved the phone’s overall performance and is the last stop before the company rolls out the One UI 4 update based on Android 12.
Let us know which Galaxy Z Flip 3 update you’re rocking in the comments. Also, feel free to tip us if you’ve spotted a recent update we’ve missed!