Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Samsung Galaxy S20 series gains January 2022 update in the US
Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S20 update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to the Samsung Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus, and Galaxy S20 Ultra. We’ll detail the current software versions for each device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. Samsung usually pushes out updates to the entire series, but this may vary per variant and carrier.
- Current stable version: Android 12
- When will the Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Ultra get Android 13? March 2023 (Estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Ultra updates
January 13, 2021: Samsung is rolling out the January 2022 security patch to Galaxy S20 devices in the US. Per SamMobile, the update bears firmware number G98xU1UES2DUL2 and includes ten fixes from Samsung and an additional 52 from Google.
Those on the major US networks should see the update land on their devices through the course of the week. To check if the update is available for your device head to Settings > Software update and tap on Download and install.
Previous Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Ultra updates
- December 28, 2021: Samsung kicked off the stable Android 12-based One UI 4 rollout to the S20 family starting in Switzerland (h/t XDA-Developers).
- November 10, 2021: According to Droid-Life, the Galaxy S20 series is now receiving the November Android security patch through the Verizon network. Usually, a Verizon rollout means most other countries/variants are getting it at the same time. Unfortunately, the security patch appears to be the only thing that’s new in this rollout.
- September 30, 2021: Next month’s security update is rolling out now to the Galaxy S20 lineup in South Korea. Per SamMobile, the update carries firmware version G98xNKSU1EUI3 and should have some other fixes included aside from just the October 2021 patch. However, we won’t know what’s included until the rollout comes to other countries.
- September 17, 2021: The Galaxy S20 trio gained the September 2021 Android security patch across the world, including unlocked and carrier-locked models. According to SamMobile, the update brought firmware version G98xxXXSADUH5.
- July 6, 2021: The Galaxy S20 series is gaining the July 2021 Android security patch in Germany. Per SamMobile, the update packs firmware version G98xFXXU8DUF9 for LTE models, and G98xBXXU8DUF9 for 5G flavors. In addition, the patch should include a fix to annoying Android Auto crashing issues initially reported by 9to5Google.
- May 31, 2021: The Galaxy S20 series gained the June 2021 security patch with firmware G98xxXXS8DUE4 (h/t SamMobile).
- April 29, 2021: According to SamMobile, the latest update bears firmware version G98xxXXU7DUDB and includes camera performance improvements and enhancements to Quick Share. It also has the May 2021 security patch. The update weighs in at a hefty 626MB, too.