Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to take a screenshot on Google Pixel 4 and 4 XL smartphones
Here's how to take a screenshot on Google Pixel 4 or Pixel 4 XL smartphone devices. It happens to be very simple and easy.
The Google Pixel 4 and Google Pixel 4 XL smartphones are the latest flagship handsets from the makers of Android. Sometimes, you will need to take a screenshot of what’s currently on the phone’s display, The good news is that there are a couple of methods to choose from. Here’s how to take a Google Pixel 4 screenshot.
Updated: How to screenshot on the Pixel 6
Take a Pixel 4 screenshot – Method 1: Press and hold the power button
This is the simplest way of taking a screenshot on Google Pixel 4 or Google Pixel 4 XL smartphones. It’s much easier than the usual method of holding the power button and volume button at the same time.
- Find the screen on your phone that you want to take a screenshot of.
- Then, press and hold the Power button on the right side of the Pixel 4 or 4 XL for a few seconds.
- You should then see some icons show up on the screen. There will be one for “Power On”, one for “Restart’ and finally one for “Screenshot”. Tap the “Screenshot” icon.
- You should see a notification pop up at the top of the screen. It will indicate that the screenshot has been saved on your phone. You can Tap on the notification to see the shot itself. You can also tap on the options to share it, edit it or delete the screenshot.
How to take a screenshot on Pixel 4 and 4 XL – Method 2: Use your voice with Google Assistant
There’s another way to take a screenshot on Google Pixel 4 or Google Pixel 4 XL smartphones. It can be handled via Google Assistant and does not involve using the power hardware button.
- First, make sure Google Assistant is enabled. If you have not done so already, you can do that by long-pressing the home button on the bottom of the screen and then follow the Assistant setup prompts.
- When you are ready to take a screenshot on the Google Pixel 4 or Google Pixel 4 XL, you can either say “Ok Google” or long press the home button again to wake up Assistant.
- When Assistant appears, just say “Take a screenshot”.
- You should see a notification pop up at the top of the screen indicating that the screenshot you have just created has been saved on your phone. Tap on the notification to see the shot itself, or you can tap on the options to share it, edit it or delete the screenshot.
That’s all you need to know on how to take a screenshot with the Google Pixel 4 or Google Pixel 4 XL. Which of these two methods did you use?