The Assistant-powered Google Home is a great device. You can use it to control your smart home devices, play your favorite songs, and even make purchases, all with simple voice commands.
You can order products from various Google Shopping retailers, provided they’re available in your area. There are a number of them available — check out the full list here — but the most notable ones include the Google Store (obviously), Whole Foods, Costco, PetSmart, Walgreens, Guitar Center, and Kohl’s.
If you own a Google Home and would like to start buying stuff with your voice, follow the instructions below. Just keep in mind that this functionality is currently only available in the US.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap your account in the top-right corner.
- Head to Assistant settings > Payments,
- Tap the “Next” button.
- Now you’ll need to choose your default payment method.
- If you already have a default payment method saved, select it, then tap “Next.”
- If you need to add a new payment method, tap “Add credit or debit card.” Enter your card number, billing information, and phone number, and then tap “Save.”
- Now it’s time to choose your delivery address.
- If you already have a default delivery address saved, select it, and then tap “Next.”
- If you need to add a new delivery address, tap “Add new address.” Enter your name, delivery address, and phone number, and then tap “Save.”
- Select which of your Google Home devices can make payments.
- Next to each Google Home in your household, you’ll see a toggle that controls the Personal results for that device.
- Tap the toggle to the “On” position for each Google Home you’d like to enable payments.
- For extra security, you can also turn on the option to confirm your identity before paying.
- Tap “Done” once you’ve handled all the required settings.
That’s it! You can now make payments through Google Assistant on your Google Home.
Remember, you’ll only be able to order things through Google Shopping retailers, and depending on your delivery area, you might see a variety of different delivery days depending on which retailer you’re ordering from. To check if Google Shopping is available in your area, head here.