The Assistant-powered Google Home and other Nest speakers are great devices. You can use these to control your smart home devices, play your favorite songs, and even make purchases using Google Home payments, all with simple voice commands.
You can order products from various Google Shopping retailers, provided they’re available in your area. There are a number of them available — check out the full list here — but the most notable ones include the Google Store (obviously), Whole Foods, Costco, PetSmart, Walgreens, Guitar Center, and Kohl’s.
If you own a Google Home and would like to start buying stuff with your voice, follow the instructions below. Just keep in mind that this functionality is currently only available in the US.
Also read: The best Google products available
- Download and open the Google Home app.
- Tap on your account image in the top-right corner.
- Head to Assistant settings > Payments,
- Tap the Next button.
- Now you’ll need to choose your default payment method.
- If you already have a default payment method saved, select it, then tap Next.
- If you need to add a new payment method, tap Add credit or debit card. Enter your card number, billing information, and phone number, and then tap Save.
- Now it’s time to choose your delivery address.
- If you already have a default delivery address saved, select it, and then tap Next.
- If you need to add a new delivery address, tap Add new address. Enter your name, delivery address, and phone number, and then tap Save.
- Add a layer of security.
- Go back to the Payments options and toggle on the Verify it’s you before paying option.
- You can now select whether you want to Confirm with Voice Match or Confirm with fingerprint or face.
That’s it! You can now make Google Home payments. Remember, you’ll only be able to order things through Google Shopping retailers, and depending on your delivery area, you might see a variety of different delivery days depending on which retailer you’re ordering from. To check if Google Shopping is available in your area, head here.