Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
You told us: An Oppo flagship running Oxygen OS may not be such a bad thing
OnePlus phones will soon run a unified OS mixing elements of Oppo’s Color OS and Oxygen OS. Nothing is really known about this new UI just yet, but we do know that the next OnePlus flagship smartphone will land with it.
With this in mind, we asked our readers to weigh in on a thought experiment. Would you rather take a OnePlus phone with Color OS or an Oppo phone with Oxygen OS? Well, the results are in, and this is your verdict.
Would you rather a OnePlus/Color OS phone or Oppo/Oxygen OS phone?
This poll gained just short of 4,500 votes since it was published on September 21. With over 71% of the vote, readers would take an Oppo flagship running Oxygen OS in a heartbeat. Less than a third of respondents (28.6%) would rather opt for a OnePlus flagship running Color OS. It’s an interesting result, especially now that we know that Oppo and OnePlus will see further hardware and software integration in 2022.
More reading: The Oppo-ification of OnePlus is complete
It’s unclear if the result is a bigger loss for OnePlus hardware or Color OS, but sweeping through the comments, it’s clear that Oxygen OS still holds sway. An Oppo Find X3 Pro running Oxygen OS could be a pretty interesting prospect, but the majority of readers don’t seemingly feel the same about a OnePlus 9 Pro with Oppo’s UI. To be fair, a OnePlus/Color OS combo has never been a reader favorite. In a poll published in June, 83% of readers said that they wouldn’t purchase a OnePlus phone running Oppo’s skin.
Oxygen OS has its detractors, with many readers highlighting the bugs experienced on older flagships. Peruse some more comments below.
- SiliconAddic: Neither. My One Plus 6T is the first and will be the last One Plus. The upgrade cycle has been ****, the stability on 11 is iffy.
- Adriano Prezniska: I want the Oxygen OS on my Samsung device. This is the best part of OnePlus.
- Anthony Kilburn: Isn’t the hardware basically the same? I’ve always bought OnePlus phones for the clean software. I mean, the hardware is fine, but I assume most people buy OnePlus for software?
- Amirul Islam Lisan: I want OnePlus Hardware with OxygenOS, period.
- Adam Wilson: I’m getting really fed up with the bugs and lack of polish with OxygenOS on my OnePlus 8 Pro. I like the hardware so I voted OnePlus hardware with ColorOS – it can only be better than what 8 have currently, right?
- Evie: I use ColorOS every day anyway so that’s an easy choice.
That’s it for this poll. Thanks for your votes and comments. Let us know in the comments below if you have any additional thoughts about OnePlus, Oppo, or the OS you’d like to see in 2022.