Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
We asked, you told us: Most of you think the OnePlus 7T is still a great buy
The OnePlus 8T just launched last week, marking roughly a year since the OnePlus 7T series was released. The Pro model was essentially a mildly upgraded OnePlus 7 Pro, while the standard OnePlus 7T was a major step forward.
Between the 90Hz OLED screen, flexible triple rear camera setup, and beefy internals, there was a lot to like about the phone upon its release. But is it still worth buying today? We posed this question to Android Authority readers, and this is what you thought.
Is the OnePlus 7T still worth buying?
We posed this question on October 11, and 3,862 votes were cast as of writing. The results clearly show that well over 90% of respondents think the OnePlus 7T is still worth buying in 2020. Meanwhile, just over six percent thought the OnePlus 7T wasn’t worth getting.
It’s easy to see why the vast majority of respondents continue to back the OnePlus 7T. The late 2019 flagship offers an older but still powerful Snapdragon 855 Plus processor and a high refresh rate OLED screen that continues to deliver a smooth experience.
Another major feather in the 7T’s cap is the triple rear camera setup, featuring main, ultra-wide, and telephoto lenses. Meanwhile, the OnePlus 8 and 8T lack a telephoto lens completely, leading to lower quality zoomed-in images in theory. These phones do pack a dedicated macro camera, but the 7T is capable of taking macro snaps via the ultra-wide camera anyway.
Nevertheless, the 2020 OnePlus flagships pack 5G across the board as well as a more powerful chipset. The 8T in particular also sports a 120Hz OLED panel for a smoother experience on paper.
- Rotimi Ade: Still rocking my oneplus 6 as my daily driver since buying it in October 2018. My experience with the oneplus 6 has been highly satisfying till date. Feels like I can still get one or two more years of using it as my daily driver.
- Mohd Dawood: realme X2 pro is better and cheaper than 7t
- Omar’s Leaks: I still use a OnePlus 7t; the only problem is the battery life.
- Nikolas Spiridakis: I bought a used 7t 8/256 this summer for 380 euros and its my first flagship. So far I think its a really nice phone and I think its worth buying for that price
- EA It’s in the game!: My concern is about software updates, not only Android 11, but security patches. OP is working very slow on this aspect.
- Ali Marwan: So nobody’s gonna talk about the old security updates?
That’s it for our poll results! Thank you so much for voting and for submitting comments. You can give us your thoughts on the results or on the OnePlus 7T via the comments below.