Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Android 10 is rolling out to OnePlus 7 Pro right now, for real this time
OnePlus has finally addressed the AWOL Android 10 update for OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7 phones by announcing a new stable build of OxygenOS. In a community post, the Chinese brand confirmed that “version 10.0 was paused due to certain bugs” and that Oxygen 10.0.1 is now rolling out.
As for the content of the update, in addition to all the bug fixes and Android 10 features OnePlus has apparently further improved photo quality. Below is the full changelog:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- General bug fixes and improvements
Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
- Improved photo quality
OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro too!
OxygenOS 10.0.1 is also hitting the OnePlus 7T and the newly released OnePlus 7T Pro. My 7T prompted the update over the weekend here in the UK and judging from the OnePlus community it seems to be widely available already. The OnePlus 7T Pro isn’t out yet but buyers will seemingly get the update straight away.
While it’s great that the entire OnePlus 7 line will be on Android 10 so fast, it’s still bizarre that OnePlus kept so quiet about the paused update for the 7 Pro until the latest announcement, especially for a company that likes to keep its community in the know.
Have you received the update? Let us know in the comments.