In addition to the usual bug fixes and stability improvements, the update brings Fnatic Mode which debuted on the OnePlus 7 Pro. Fnatic Mode is like Gaming Mode on steroids, giving gamers the maximum performance possible during play.
Check out the full changelog below:
- Optimized pocket mode
- Fixed an issue with apps failing to respond
- Fixed an issue to unlock apps successfully using fingerprint when the screen recorder is turned on
- Added Quick reply in landscape mode (Settings – Utilities – Quick reply in landscape)
- Android security patch updated to 2019.08
- General bug fixes and stability improvements
- Added password settings for Hidden Space
- Gaming Mode
- Introduced brand new Fnatic mode for an immersive gaming experience, More surprises on the way
- Zen mode
- Added additional Zen mode features
- OnePlus Laboratory
- Added the DC dimming feature
- Support VoLTE/VoWiFi for Bouygues
On your OnePlus 6 or 6T, head to Settings > System > System updates to see if the update is available on your handset. It may be a few days before it arrives in your area of the world.
If you don’t yet own a OnePlus 6T, there is a sale going on at OnePlus.com for the device which gets you discounts and free accessories. Click the button below for more!
Previous coverage: Welcome to the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T Android update hub. Here, you’ll find everything you need to know about the latest OnePlus 6 and 6T updates, including their current versions, and when future updates are likely to arrive. Note the OnePlus 6 and 6T often receive updates at the same time.
OnePlus 6 and 6T update
- Current stable version: Android 9 Pie
- When will the OnePlus 6 and 6T get Android Q? September 2019 – November 2019 (estimated)
The OnePlus 6T launched towards the end of 2018 with the latest version of Android, Android 9 Pie. It’s expected to receive at least two major Android updates in the future.
Based on OnePlus’ recent updates, and the fact that the OnePlus 6T is a certified Android Q beta device, the phone is likely to receive the final version of Android Q shortly after it’s released. Google is expected to release Android Q sometime around this August.
The OnePlus 6 arrived with Android Oreo but was updated to Android Pie within six weeks of it being released. As the OnePlus 5 and 5T took around three months to receive the Pie update, it could take around the same time for Android Q to arrive on the OnePlus 6 this year.
We’ll let you know when we have more information on the OnePlus 6 and 6T’s update status.
|OnePlus 6/6T update availability||Android Q||Android R|
Let us know which OnePlus 6/6T update you’re rocking in the comments, and if you’ve spotted a recent update we’ve missed, tip us!
Looking for another device update? Head to our general Android 9 Pie update tracker at the link.