Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
We asked, you told us: The Pixel 4 is the most anticipated phone of 2019
Summer is quickly coming to an end, meaning that phonepocalypse is almost here. Not only are we going to get new flagships from Google, Samsung, Huawei, and more, we are also expecting to see new foldables.
So we decided to ask you what smartphone are you excited to see announced this fall. Here’s what you had to say.
Which phone are you most looking forward to in 2019?
This week’s poll had just under 3,000 participants on the website. According to those who voted, almost half stated that they’re most excited for the Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL. The search giant’s two handsets were followed by the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 with 15 percent of the votes and the HUAWEI Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro with 12 percent.
These results are rather surprising after last week’s poll. While the results were almost perfectly split, but a small majority voted that they weren’t excited for the Google Pixel 4 or the Pixel 4 XL.
Looking through the comments, it seems like people are bored with the status quo. While all of the listed phones are getting decent upgrades over last year’s models, none of the handsets really stand out. For me, I’m most excited for the foldables just because it introduces change to the mobile market.
Here are some of the best comments from last week’s poll explaining why they voted the way that they did:
- I am all in on the Pixel 4!
- Any other but the failed prototypes from Samsung and HUAWEI: the Fold and the Mate X..plastic junk at +2000EUR…
- How about anything with a headphone jack.
- None. Another year. Another boring phone from Google.
- I’m looking forward to what the OnePlus 7T(or 7 Pro T or 7T Pro) ends up bringing to the table.
I’m thinking, obviously the SD855+ CPU, maybe 512GB storage option(now that larger UFS 3.0 chips are here), and hopefully wireless charging. Bonus points could be awarded for building an unlocked 5G version for the US(do mmWave, and band N41). I think the OnePlus 7 Pro might end up being my next phone.
- Mi A3. If it’s based on the CC9 it’ll have an AMOLED display, stock android, 4030 mAh battery, 6GB of RAM, 32 MP front camera, and a 48 MP main camera all for under $300. RIP all the ridiculously overpriced flagships being released this year or in the future.
That’s it for this week, everyone. As always, thanks for voting, thanks for the comments, and don’t forget to let us know what you thought of the results below!