Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Pie rolling out to Korean LG G7, timeline for other devices revealed
If you don’t live in South Korea but still want Android 9 Pie on your G7, unfortunately, you’ll have to wait a bit longer. Historically, LG rolls out updates in its native country first and then pushes them to other countries some weeks (or months) later.
However, the fact that Pie is finally rolling out the G7 is good news no matter how you slice it.
What about LG’s other smartphones, such as the LG V40 ThinQ, or the other devices with “ThinQ” thrown on the end of the name? LG did detail — albeit vaguely — when you can expect Pie to land on those devices:
- LG G7 ThinQ — Q1 2019 (ends March 31)
- LG V35 ThinQ — Q1 2019 (ends March 31)
- LG V40 ThinQ — Q2 2019 (ends June 30)
- LG V30S ThinQ — Q2 2019 (ends June 30)
- LG V30 — Q2 2019 (ends June 30)
- LG G6 — Q3 2019 (ends September 30)
- LG V20 — Q3 2019 (ends September 30)
- LG Q8 — Q3 2019 (ends September 30)
- LG Q9 — Q4 2019 (ends December 31)
- LG X5 — Q4 2019 (ends December 31)
It’s strange that the most recent flagship from LG — the LG V40 ThinQ — is scheduled to get Android 9 Pie after the iterative update device that is the LG V35. However, at least we now have a better idea of when to expect all these upgrades.
LG made headlines yesterday when renders leaked that reportedly depict the upcoming LG G8 ThinQ, only for LG exec Ken Hong to swiftly tweet that the renders aren’t accurate. If LG can’t get software updates out quicker than this and its smartphone design stays as stale as the LG G8 renders suggest, we’re in for a bumpy 2019.