Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to take screenshots on Vivo smartphones
There are some things you should know how to do on a smartphone. Sending a text, placing a call, or downloading an app are essential skills, but taking a screenshot is arguably up there too. If you own a Vivo smartphone, there are several ways to take screenshots.
The easiest way to take a screenshot on a Vivo smartphone is to press and hold the power and volume buttons simultaneously. Read more below for details and alternative methods.
JUMP TO METHOD
Use your phone’s buttons
It’s the standard Android screenshot method that works across all Android phones. It’s also the quickest and arguably easiest way to snag a screenshot of the content displayed on your screen.
- Briefly hold down the power and volume down keys simultaneously.
- Once the screen flashes, let go of both buttons. Your screenshot is now saved.
- Tapping on the screenshot preview in the bottom left-hand corner of the display will open up additional options, too.
Vivo’s Funtouch OS makes use of several finger gestures to accomplish basic tasks. If you can’t quite grip the phone’s side buttons to snag a screenshot, here’s how you can use your fingers to take screenshots on a Vivo device:
- Check if S-capture is activated. Navigate to Settings > Shortcuts & accessibility > S-capture. Toggle on Slide down with three fingers to take a screenshot.
- Navigate to the content you wish to capture. Use three fingers to swipe down on the display to take a screenshot
Use Easy Touch
Vivo’s Easy Touch feature adds a floating shortcut menu to the Funtouch OS UI that can be accessed from any screen. While you can add custom shortcuts to this menu, you can also use it to capture screenshots.
- Enable Easy Touch by heading to Settings > Shortcuts & accessibility > Easy Touch.
- Once activated, you can now tap the floating shortcut and select Screenshots to capture the content on the display.
- Finally, you can also use a quick tap or swipe gesture on the Easy Touch shortcut to capture a screenshot.
- Head back to Settings > Shortcuts & accessibility > Easy Touch and scroll down to the Function Settings header.
- Here you can assign screenshots to activate through a specific tap/gesture. Our favorite is Double tap.
Take a scrolling screenshot
Vivo phones allow users to capture full-page scrolling screenshots, too. The company calls these long screenshots, and they’re incredibly easy to do.
- Take a screenshot using one of the two methods above.
- A button will appear in the bottom-left corner of the screen labeled Long screenshot. Tap it.
- You can now scroll to extend the screenshot or crop it to your liking. The phone will notify you once you’ve reached the bottom of the page.
- Hit Save once you’re satisfied.
Use Google Assistant
Finally, you can also use Google Assistant to take screenshots on a Vivo smartphone. This method is perfect if you want to take a screenshot when you can’t physically reach your phone. To do this:
- Find the content you wish to capture.
- Activate Assistant by saying, Hey Google.
- Finally, say Take a screenshot.
That’s it. You now know how to take screenshots on a Vivo smartphone. If you have any questions or have an additional method, be sure to drop a comment below.