Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to take screenshots on OPPO smartphones
Oppo makes plenty of decent smartphones packing dense, vivid displays. But what if you wanted to capture the content visible on that screen quickly? Well, the company allows users several ways to take a screenshot on OPPO smartphones. We detail the most common methods below.
The easiest way to take a screenshot on an OPPO smartphone is to press and hold the power and volume buttons simultaneously. Read more below for details and alternative methods.
JUMP TO METHOD
1: Use your phone’s buttons
If you’ve owned another Android phone in the past, this is the method you’ll probably be most familiar with. It’s the standard screenshot method for other Android phones and works on OPPO devices, too.
- Press and hold the power and volume buttons simultaneously to take a screenshot on an OPPO device.
- You’ll see a preview of the screenshot appear once captured. Tap it to gain more options to edit it, add a filter, adjust its size, and more.
2: Use a three-finger swipe
Due to the position of the volume and power buttons on some OPPO phones, it could be easier to take a screenshot using a screen gesture instead. This method requires just three fingers.
- First, you’ll need to ensure the three-finger swipe gesture is activated. If you’re running the latest version of Color OS, head to Settings > Convenience tools > Screenshot. Ensure 3-finger swipe down is enabled.
- Note, depending on which version of Color OS you’re running, this feature may be hiding behind Additional settings, Convenience Aid, or another settings page.
- Once this is complete, head to the app or page you wish to capture and swipe downwards from the top of the display with three fingers to take a screenshot.
3: Use the Smart Sidebar
Like other manufacturers, OPPO’s Color OS includes an optional sidebar loaded with various shortcuts. This method doesn’t require any complicated or button presses.
- You’ll need to switch on the Smart Sidebar. To do this, head to Settings > Convenience tools > Smart Sidebar. Ensure Smart Sidebar is toggled on.
- A white vertical line should now be visible on the side of your phone’s display. Head to the screen you wish to capture, then swipe the sidebar to the middle of the screen.
- Tap the Screenshot shortcut to capture your screen.
4: Take a long screenshot
A scrolling screenshot, or long screenshot, lets you capture content not currently displayed on the screen. It’s a great way to snag longer lists, be it a settings page or a full-page tutorial.
- Use any one of the three methods detailed above, and take a screenshot.
- Once the screenshot is captured, you’ll see a Long screenshot button below the screenshot preview. Tap it.
- A new dialog will appear, and you can now manually scroll up and down to lengthen the screenshot. Tap Done to generate the screenshot.
You can also initiate the Long screenshot dialog by using a three-finger gesture.
- Firstly, head to Settings > Convenience aid > Gestures & motions and enable 3-finger touch and hold.
- Once enabled, find the screen content you wish to capture. Touch the display with three fingers and hold them there until the screenshot dialog appears. Tap Long screenshot to initiate.
5: Use a voice assistant
If you can’t reach your phone, you can always use your voice to capture a screenshot. Google Assistant can capture your screen through a simple voice command.
- Activate Assistant by saying, Hey Google.
- Finally, say Take a screenshot.
That’s it. Now you know how to take screenshots on an OPPO smartphone. Let us know which method is your favorite in the comments below.