Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to make Pokestops in Pokemon Go
- Click here to learn more about how Lures work on Pokestops!
- Or check out our quick tutorial for those who are new to Pokemon Go!
- Here is how Gyms work as well!
How to get a Pokestop for normal people
Here’s how all of this works. There is a submission form that you can fill out to request a new Pokestop. You can find that submission form by clicking here. Unfortunately, Niantic isn’t accepting submissions for new Pokestops at this time. To date, they have only opened up this submission form a handful of times and it usually closes quickly.
This is an unfortunate situation for those who live out in the middle of nowhere and have no Pokestops close by. Pokestops are generally places that are open to the public or are places of note. That means you’ll probably never have a Pokestop at your house even when the submissions open once again.
How to get a Pokestop if you’re a business
Businesses have at least one additional option that normal people don’t have. At the bottom of the submission form (linked above) you’ll find an email address. This is for businesses that want to partner with Niantic. With a partnership in place, a business can easily become a Pokestop or a Gym. Just ask McDonald’s, which has a Pokestop or Gym at virtually every location in Japan.
We’re not familiar with the process once you reach out to Niantic. However, we’re sure that you’ll get a response from a rep if you send in an email to inquire about it.
Other ways to manipulate Pokestops
Of course, there are other ways that you can change locations of Pokestops. Here is a short list of other things that you can do with Pokestops. Do beware that these changes that likely permanent.
- You can use this form to report problems with Pokestops or Gyms. Use this method for reporting stops that aren’t acting right or may be in the wrong spot. Niantic should fix these once reported.
- You can use this form to request removal of a Pokestop or a Gym. Use this method if you see a Pokestop in an inappropriate place such as someone’s private property or, you know, Auschwitz.
That about sums up all that you can do right now when it comes to adding or removing Pokestops. Given their importance, it makes sense that Niantic doesn’t just hand these locations out. Of course, those who live in areas without them are definitely feeling the pain of having to drive into the city just to stock up on items. Feel free to leave a comment if there are any other tips or tricks that you know of that we missed. Click here to find out the latest Pokemon Go news!