YouTube is by far the world’s most popular ad-supported video streaming website, but nowadays it offers some excellent paid content as well. However, accessing that content means adding a credit card to your account, which could be a dealbreaker for the security-minded or families with young kids. Fortunately, Google has just launched a new way to charge up your YouTube wallet with YouTube gift cards.
Whether you’re looking to pick up a gift for a YouTube-addicted teenager, an uncle who listens to YouTube music all day at work, or a friend who wants to cut their cords with YouTube TV, YouTube gift cards are a great option. Here are some of the benefits of picking one up, as well as how to buy YouTube gift cards on Amazon.
What can YouTube gift cards be used for?
YouTube gift cards can be used to subscribe to a number of YouTube services, or enhance normal viewing in a variety of ways. Here’s a short list of things you can buy with a YouTube gift card:
- YouTube Premium — $11.99/mo — Removes all ads from music and videos, enables background listening and downloads, access to YouTube Original series, plus YouTube Music Premium.
- YouTube Music Premium — $9.99/mo — Removes ads from music, enables background listening and downloads.
- YouTube TV — $49.99/mo — Live TV from 70+ channels (including local channels), unlimited recording storage, no contract/cancelation fees.
- Movies & Shows — varies — Rent or buy movies & shows in HD or UHD directly from your browser or mobile phone.
- YouTube Channel Memberships — varies — Support your favorite YouTube live streamer and gain access to exclusive emotes and perks.
- Super Chat — varies — Support your favorite YouTube live streamer with a one-time donation and highlighted message.
How to buy YouTube gift cards
Buying a YouTube gift card takes just a few seconds, and it’s delivered to the recipient via email with a custom message of your choosing. You can even purchase it now and set the delivery date to match any upcoming birthday or holiday! Here’s how it’s done:
- Head over to Amazon’s YouTube gift card listing.
- Select a gift card design and enter the desired amount (see above for general pricing).
- Enter the recipients email address and a custom message. Make it personal!
- Select the delivery date and click purchase.
And you’re done! Scratch one (or more) names from your holiday list and get back to eggnog and holiday movies. Need more gift ideas? Check out our techy gift guides below.