Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to delete your Netflix history — you know, for reasons
If you share a Netflix account, you may want to delete the movies and TV shows you watch. Maybe it’s because the films were on the naughty side, or perhaps you have a secret love for romcoms and don’t want the world to know. Whatever your reason, deleting your Netflix history is the way to go. It only takes a minute or two to do and it’s so simple even your grandma could do it.
In this step-by-step guide, we’ll show you how to delete your Netflix history on an Android phone. The process is more or less the same on your computer, with a few minor changes we’ll discuss as well. Let’s dive in. You can sign up for Netflix at the link below:
THE SHORT ANSWER
Access your Netflix profile, then go to the View section to see your Netflix history. You can delete Netflix movies and shows from the list one by one or clear all it in one shot.
How to delete Netflix history on Android
- Launch the Netflix app on your phone.
- Tap on the Profile icon at the top right corner of the app.
- Scroll down and select the Account option.
- Scroll down to the Profile and Parental Controls section and then tap on the profile you want to access.
- Scroll down and tap on the “View” option in the Viewing Activity selection.
You should now see all the Netflix movies and TV shows you’ve watched so far. Now it’s time to start deleting things. There are two options available: you can clear your entire Netflix history at once or delete movies and TV shows one by one.
To delete everything, scroll down to the bottom and tap “Hide all,” followed by “Yes, hide all my viewing activity.” To delete titles individually, tap the circular icon next to a movie or TV show, after which you have the option of deleting the entire series by selecting the “Hide series?” option.
Step-by-step instructions on how to delete Netflix history on PC:
- Open the Netflix website and select your profile.
- Select the Account option.
- Scroll down to the Profile and Parental Controls section and then click on the profile you want to access.
- Scroll down and click on the View option in the Viewing Activity selection.
After that, the process for deleting your Netflix history is basically the same on your PC.
It may take as long as 24 hours for a deleted series or movie to be completely done away with on the history list.
No. Netflix does not allow that to happen so that parents can keep track of their children’s Netflix viewing.
Yes. Deleting a full profile also deletes that profile’s history.
Read more: How to delete your Hulu account and history