Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Pixel Watch picks up August security update
Welcome to the Google Pixel Watch update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on software releases for Google’s first smartwatch. We’ll detail the current firmware versions for the Pixel Watch and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out.
The Pixel Watch launched with Wear OS 3.5 on board. Google confirmed the series would receive three years of major Android updates and five years of security updates.
- Current stable version: Wear OS 3.5
Latest Google Pixel Watch update
August 7, 2023: If you own a Pixel Watch, get ready for a new security update. The August patch is rolling out now to the wearable, both for the LTE and Wi-Fi-only models. Look for software version RWDC.230805.001, but don’t expect too much. The update is just some bug fixes. We fully expect the Pixel Watch to get Wear OS 4 soon, so that could be the next big update.
You can tap Settings > System > System Updates to check for the latest updates on your Pixel Watch.
Previous Google Pixel Watch updates
- July 6, 2023: Google has rolled out the July 2023 security update with firmware version RWDC.230705.001 for the Pixel Watch. All supported Pixel Watch devices running Wear OS 3.5 should be getting the software update right now. The rollout will continue over the next week in phases depending on carrier and device. Users will also receive a notification once the OTA becomes available for their device.
- June 13, 2023: The Pixel Watch got a feature drop in June with a number of new features including SpO2 monitoring and more. You can read all about the June 2023 Pixel Watch update here.
- May 2, 2023: Google rolled out the May 2023 security update with firmware version RWDA.230114.013 for the Pixel Watch.
- April 11, 2023: Google rolled out the April 2023 security update for the Pixel Watch. The update was fairly small and carried firmware version RWDA.230114.010.G2.
- March 21, 2023: Google rolled out a significant March 2023 software update for the Pixel Watch. This update came with build number RWDA.230114.008.R1, with an RWDA.230114.008.J2 variant for watches in Japan and Taiwan.
- February 7, 2023: Google rolled out the February security update for the Pixel Watch. The RWD9.220429.075 patch landed on both the LTE and Wi-Fi models.
- January 10, 2023: Google supplied the Pixel Watch with the January 2023 update featuring firmware number RWD9.220429.073 for both the LTE and Wi-Fi models. The update fixed an issue that would see third-party watch faces turn off after 15 minutes with the always-on display enabled. It also included the new security patches and other, unspecified bug fixes.
- December 5, 2022: Google’s watch received a notable firmware update in December, bearing firmware version RWD9.220429.070. This update fixed issues related to hands-free profile calling, watch face complications and Fitbit Exercise.
- November 14, 2022: The November 2022 update for the Pixel Watch offers tighter Fitbit integration and a fix for an eSIM bug.
- October 13, 2022: The Pixel Watch may have just been reaching buyers at this point, but 9to5Google reported that a software update was available once you complete the initial setup. The update brought better GPS accuracy and other unnamed “new features.”
If you’ve spotted a Pixel Watch OTA update that we haven’t, you can send us a tip here!