Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
The March Google Pixel update also squashes a long list of bugs
- Google’s March 2022 update contains a huge number of bug fixes.
- Many of the improvements are meant for the Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro.
Google just released its March 2022 Pixel update. It brings a slew of new features to Pixel phones, but that’s not what it’s all about.
As mentioned in Google’s community post, the Pixel software update for March also squashes a long list of bugs. Improvements are landing for many areas, including device performance, stability, connectivity, and more.
The list of bug fixes is too long to paste here, but many of the key improvements are headed to Google’s reigning flagships — the Pixel 6 duo. If you’re a Pixel 6 or 6 Pro user, you’ll see fixes for frame drops during video capture, general image quality improvements, a fix for the issue causing display refresh rate to lock at 60Hz, and much more.
Meanwhile, below is a rundown of all the Pixel models getting the update and their corresponding update version.
- Pixel 3a XL: SP2A.220305.12
- Pixel 4 XL: SP2A.220305.12
- Pixel 4a: SP2A.220305.12
- Pixel 4a 5G: SP2A.220305.12
- Pixel 5: SP2A.220305.12
- Pixel 5a 5G: SP2A.220305.12
- Pixel 6: SP2A.220305.013.A3
- Pixel 6 Pro: SP2A.220305.013.A3
Google notes that the updates will roll out over the next week in phases depending on the carrier and the device. The Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro will receive updates later this month. Users will receive a notification once the OTA becomes available for their phones.