Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
We asked, you told us: Here's what you want most from the Pixel 6
It wouldn’t be a stretch to call the Google Pixel 6 one of the most anticipated phones of the year. After the Pixel 4 was succeeded by the well-rounded Pixel 5, it’s now in the hands of the flagship’s sixth iteration to continue Google’s solid run of releases.
In our Pixel 6 wishlist, we gave you a few ideas of how Google can go about doing this. But we also asked for your thoughts on the topic. So, what do you want to see from the Pixel 6? Here’s what you told us.
What do you want to see from the Pixel 6?
More than 3,300 readers took this poll and the results suggest Google’s phones still have one main weakness. Nearly one-third of respondents (31.3%) want to see a better main camera sensor on the Google Pixel 6. This is a popular request across most of the Pixel polls we’ve run in the past. A previous poll asking readers what they wanted from a next-gen Pixel camera package found that over 60% wanted an overhauled camera hardware package. This earlier poll also found that almost a quarter of readers wanted a new camera sensor.
Beyond this choice, three other options are vying for the majority of readers’ attention in the latest poll. Just under 20% of respondents want to see a “flagship-level processor,” while 17.4% of readers want the rear capacitive fingerprint sensor to be retained. An additional 17% of readers want an “Ultra” model, too.
Finally, the less preferred options include a triple camera array at the rear, and “faster charging” on the Pixel 6. Both options received a combined 14.4% of the vote.
Readers have a number of other ideas for making the Pixel 6 a great phone. You can read through these below.
Here’s what you had to say
- Chandler Burns: Honestly, I would want to see Face Unlock return from the Pixel 4/4 XL. I get that the fingerprint scanner is more useful in times like these, but eventually, we will be back to normal and the importance of a fingerprint scanner will not be nearly as high.
- Ray: For me, the keys are (in order of importance): Face Unlock; another a leap in voice experience with Google Assistant; a large, high resolution, high frame rate screen; rapid wireless charging; an upgraded Android aesthetic; a faster chip (I’d prefer Google deliver its White Chapel with Pixel 6).
- Jeff Namhie: No mention of phone speakers or sound profile? I find the listening experience on the Pixel 5 to be a huge disappointment unless you’re using earbuds or headphones. Gotta have front-facing stereo speakers.
- Mark Kendrick: I think having an ultra model would be a good choice since it would require better cameras, multiple rear camera lenses, and flagship-level specs.
- Ken Bosse: I would really really love a brighter screen. I don’t know about the 5, but with the 3a it’s really difficult to see in direct sunlight.
- Robert Martinez Lebron: The Pixel’s main problem is price. All of us have to admit it’s overpriced every year. If they made cuts everywhere in Pixel 5, why should it be at $699? absurd price.
- kingof9x: A headphone jack and ip68.
- jmc7@work: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, flat stainless steel frame, no cutout or centered cut out, equal bezels on all sides, two equal speakers, mid-range version, less rounded corners…
That’s it for this Google Pixel 6 poll. Thanks for your votes and comments. If you have any additional thoughts on the Pixel 6 or the results of the poll, be sure to drop them down below.