Google’s OnHub smart router is hitting the store shelves tomorrow, August 31st, so the Search Giant is getting you equipped with the necessary tools to be ready for some advanced internet usage. Thankfully, you don’t need much. You can operate every aspect of the OnHub from the official Google On app, and it has just become available from the Google Play Store.
If you missed out on the Google OnHub news, it’s a router made by the Mountain View giant. It’s not cheap at $199.99, but it promises features that you won’t get with your usual WiFi hubs.
Aside from looking gorgeous, this router benefits from automatic updates (without disconnection). The device also scans for congested wireless channels and switches to the best performing one. In addition, the owner can prioritize certain devices, run network tests, easily change/share the WiFi password and more.
Here’s what you can do with the Google On app:
• Set up your OnHub in just a few minutes
• Learn how to improve your Wi-Fi connection if there’s a slowdown
• Run a network check to test your connection speed
• Easily share your network name and password to friends & family
• Make changes to your settings, such as your network name or password
• Remotely provide or receive help from friends and family
Is it worth the $200? It depends on your needs and priorities, but it sure seems to be among the best WiFi routers around. And this is not an isolated event; Google plans to partner with other manufacturers to make more OnHub devices. The next one is said to be ASUS, but we shall see. Maybe it will be a bit cheaper.
For now, just go to the Google Play Store and grab your app if you are planning on getting the Google OnHub. How many of you are signing up for one?!