- New renders of the Galaxy Note 9 in Lilac Purple and Coral Blue have surfaced online.
- Samsung’s ‘Wireless Charging Duo’ has also leaked, apparently allowing users to simultaneously charge the Galaxy Note 9 and Galaxy Watch.
- We may have also received confirmation of several Galaxy Note 9 S Pen features via Galaxy Tab S4 firmware.
We might still be several weeks out from the official announcement of the Galaxy Note 9, but that hasn’t stopped a wealth of new information about the handset from leaking online.
To start things off, we have two new renders of the Note 9, the first of which features the handset in Lilac Purple. The leaked image, which comes to us from Nieuwe Mobiel, shows off the front, back, and left side of the smartphone. There isn’t anything new to learn from this render that we haven’t already seen, but it does show how the purple color will wrap around the sides of the device.
The second render, leaked by MySmartPrice, shows off the Note 9 in what looks to be the Coral Blue colorway. Again, there isn’t anything new to see, but at least we now have an idea of what most of the different color options will look like when the phone is released.
Next up is a new Samsung wireless charger that will be able to simultaneously charge the Galaxy Note 9 and the upcoming Galaxy Watch. The leaked image comes from Roland Quandt on Twitter and shows off the product’s retail packing.
As seen on the front of the box, the Wireless Charger Duo looks like Samsung’s current wireless charging stand but with an added side piece. In addition to juicing up the Galaxy Watch, the packaging details that the secondary Qi charging pad could be used to charge a second phone. This addition would make the accessory more useful for those households with multiple Samsung or wireless charging-compatible smartphones.
In the past, Samsung has offered free accessories to those customers who pre-ordered the company’s latest smartphones. While nothing has been confirmed or rumored, there’s a good possibility that Samsung might offer the Wireless Charging Duo for free or at a discounted price to those who purchase the Galaxy Note 9 and Galaxy Watch together.
Unfortunately, we don’t have any confirmation on pricing. As the latest wireless charging stand from Samsung usually costs $70, it’s possible that this accessory could end up setting customers back close to $100.
Lastly, some new information about the S Pen for the Galaxy Note 9 and its remote functionality has been discovered. XDA-Developers dug into the AirCommand app located in the leaked Samsung Tab S4 firmware. Inside, they found several code strings that hint at some of the stylus’ remote functionality.
Below are some of the claimed features for the upcoming S Pen:
- Control music by pressing the S Pen’s sole button
- Remote camera shutter button
- Ability to turn on the Note 9’s display and unlock the handset as long as the S Pen was removed from the phone before it was locked
- An option for third-party app integration
- Long-press the S Pen’s button to launch a specific app
- Potentially customizable actions for single and double presses of the S Pen’s button
As this information comes from a pre-release version of Samsung’s app, this all should still be treated as a rumor. As the South Korean company won’t be announcing the Galaxy Note 9 until August 9, there’s still time for Samsung to add, remove, or even change some of the S Pen’s features. We will have to wait until Samsung’s Unpacked event to learn more.
What do you think of the latest rumors and leaks? Excited about the Galaxy Note 9 launch? Let us know in the comments section.