One of the best parts of our smartphones is that if there’s a default app that we don’t like, we can go and download a third-party option. An example of an app that many replace is the pre-installed email app.
For that reason, we decided to ask you, what email client do you use? Here are the results.
What email client do you use?
Unsurprisingly, 52 percent of the participants in this week’s poll stated that they use the Gmail app for checking their email. This result isn’t surprising as almost every Android device has Google’s email client pre-installed.
And as the Gmail mobile app can also be used with external email accounts, most people don’t have a reason to find another email client.
Coming in second is Microsoft’s Outlook client with 13 percent of the votes. The reason for this is likely because they use Outlook’s desktop client on their home and work computers.
And in third, we have Inbox by Gmail (R.I.P.). Since its launch, Inbox has been a vastly popular Gmail alternative thanks to its smart features and simplistic design. Thankfully, it looks like some of the app’s functionality might make its way over to the Gmail app.
Unfortunately, Google is shutting down the client in March which means the nine percent of our readers who still use it will have to find an alternative email app within the next two months.
Here are some of the best comments from last week’s poll explaining why they voted the way that they did:
- Nine for work emails and Gmail app for personal emails
- Gmail for personal. Outlook for work Outlook also has my work calendar.
- I use the native one for each (Gmail, outlook and IOS mail) I like having them separate from each other
- K-9 on the Android phone. Evolution on the laptop.
- Inbox by Gmail. I hate Google for killing it, and will definitely not use the stock Gmail app. Thankfully, SparkMail is coming soon to Android, to which I’ll be shifting.
- I used to use Newton until it went away, but see it’s now back. I switched to Pop, now called Spike, which is similar to Newton.
That’s it for this week, everyone. As always, thanks for voting, thanks for the comments, and don’t forget to let us know what you thought of the results below.