Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to download music on your Samsung Galaxy Watch
Newer Samsung smartwatches have ample storage for downloaded music, but how do you get files onto your smartwatch? Whether you own a Galaxy Watch 6 or an older Wear OS model, we detail the process in this quick guide.
To transfer music to your Galaxy Watch from your phone, open the Galaxy Wearable app and select Watch settings > Manage content > Add tracks. To download music from Spotify, open the Spotify app, select the content you wish to download, then tap Download to watch.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
The Galaxy Watch 6, 5, and 4 all pack 16GB of internal storage, enough for several albums, an audiobook or two, or plenty of podcasts. You can transfer your music from your phone to your watch or use a music app like Spotify to download music to the watch. The choice is yours, and you can find both processes below.
How to transfer music from your phone to your Galaxy Watch
You’ll need the phone tethered to your phone for this.
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.
- Tap Watch settings > Manage content > Add tracks.
- Select the files you wish to transfer in the file browsing dialog, then tap Add to watch.
If you want your Galaxy Watch to sync tracks with your phone automatically, toggle on Auto sync. This process will recur every six hours. Additionally, you can only transfer music if it’s in the Device Storage\Samsung\Music folder on your phone.
How to download music from Spotify on your Galaxy Watch
If you have a Spotify Premium subscription, you can take advantage of offline playback on your watch. Here’s how to easily download individual songs, albums, playlists, and even podcasts to your watch from Spotify.
- Open Spotify on your Galaxy Watch.
- If this is your first use of the app, you’ll need to pair your app with your phone.
- On the main now playing Spotify screen, swipe left to access additional settings.
- Tap Your Library, then select Playlists, Podcasts, Artists, or Albums.
- You can also tap on more specific links to content, like Heavy rotation or New releases for you.
- You’ll find a Download to watch option under your selected content, be it an artist discography or playlist. Tap it to initiate a download.
You can view your downloads by tapping Downloads instead of Your Library.
Yes, but the Deezer app won’t allow you any access at all on the Watch unless you’re a paying subscriber.
According to Samsung, the Galaxy Watch natively supports MP3, M4A, AAC, OGG, and WMA. Third-party apps also support 3GA, OGA, WAV, AMR, and AWB formats.