Disney Plus is a great streaming service, with lots of great classic and original Disney TV shows and movies. However, sometimes the service doesn’t work and you can end up staring at an error message. One of the most common is Disney Plus error code 83.
Read more: Best Disney Plus movies
So what does this code mean, and how do you fix the problem when you see this message? Stay tuned to find out.
What is Error 83 on Disney Plus?
If you see the Disney Plus error code 83 when you try to sign onto the service, it could mean one of two things is wrong. One is an internet issue, and the other relates to hardware problems.
Error 83 problem 1 – Internet connection issue
If you see this message error, it could mean that there is some kind of internet connection problem:
- It’s possible that Disney Plus itself is getting hammered with too many signups at once. This indeed happened during the November 2019 launch date for the service. If that’s indeed the case, there’s not a lot you can do about it until its servers can handle the signup load once again. You can check the Down Detector site to see if others are encountering the same issues.
- If you feel the issue is not due to too much internet traffic, it’s possible your local internet provider is having issues of its own. In that case, you might want to contact your ISP to see if their servers and routers are having problems connecting to Disney Plus.
Error 83 problem 2 – Device compatibility issue
The second reason you might see the Disney Plus error code 83 is due to some kind of issue with the device you are using to sign up for the service. If that’s the case, there are a few simple things you can do that might solve it. The most important one is to make sure your device is indeed compatible with Disney Plus. You can go to our hub page for the service to see the list of compatible devices.
If your device is indeed compatible, but you see the Error 83 message, there are a few other things you can do:
- First, you can also try the oldest workaround in the tech world; just turn your device off and turn it back on again.
- If you are using a mobile device, set-top box, or smart TV, make sure the Disney Plus app is up to date with the latest version. You can also delete the app and reinstall it to see if that works.
- It’s also possible that updating your device’s firmware could solve your issue.
- Disney Plus officially only supports PC web browsers for Windows and Mac, including Chrome, Microsoft Explorer and Edge, Firefox, and Apple Safari. If you have a smart TV or set-top box and try to use a web browser on those devices, you will likely get an Error 83 message. You will need to find a compatible Disney Plus app for those devices if they are available.
- Linux PCs, when signing onto Disney Plus on a browser, didn’t work at launch due to DRM issues. It’s still not officially supported but many Linux users with a web browser can now sign onto Disney Plus. However, this is not guaranteed so if you see an Error 83 message while using a Linux PC, keep that in mind.
- If you are logging into Disney Plus on a PC desktop or laptop, you could encounter the Error 83 message when you first sign up via a web browser. You might get a message asking you to verify that the PC can playback protected content. If you click the “Allow” option, it’s possible the Error 83 message might appear. If that does happen, just click on the “Dismiss” option and try again to watch a Disney Plus video. The browser should allow you to play the video.
Read next: The best video streaming services
That’s what we can tell you about the Error 83 message on Disney Plus and how to fix it? Did this article help you with your signup problem?