I don’t go anywhere without a case and screen protector on my Pixel 3 XL. The accessories give me peace of mind and prevent me from dropping and cracking my phone. Simply put, I don’t trust myself to not drop my phone at some point.
Then again, there are folks that have cracked their phones and shrug it off. Smartphone insurance makes it where all you have to pay for is the deductible instead of a new smartphone. Companies have caught on to the trend — Apple, Samsung, and Google offer insurance for phones purchased through their virtual storefronts, for example.
This back and forth is why we asked you whether you’ve ever cracked your phone. Interestingly, the results heavily lean toward one response.
Have you ever cracked your phone?
Out of over 1,400 votes, 51.6% of voters said they never cracked their phones, 27.4% said they cracked their phones and got their phones fixed, and 21% said they currently have cracked phones.
The results aren’t entirely surprising. Smartphones have become more expensive over the years, so folks might be taking better care of their pocket computers. It also helps that the smartphone accessory market seems to be a big one, especially if you own a smartphone from a big company like Apple, Samsung, and Google.
Here are some of the best comments from this week’s poll explaining why they voted the way they did:
- Never cracked my phone, because I actually take care of it.
- Only once with my Moto X Pure Edition while I was playing with my dog. My phone slipped out of my scrubs’ pocket and cracked a corner. And I had just gotten it the previous day before, too.
- The last time I truly cracked a phone was years ago with a UK Motorola flip phone. I had the phone in my tight pants pocket in a chair. The pressure from these thunder thighs destroyed the screen.
- I personally never cracked any of my devices. Though once one of my toddler nephews ran up behind me and hit my hand with a sofa pillow and I watched my cell sail across the basement. Landing on the concrete/tile floor.
- Smashed my HTC One M8 the day after pre-ordering my OG Pixel. Had to live with that for two weeks.
That’s it for this week, everyone. As always, thank you for voting, thank you for the comments, and don’t forget to let us know what you thought of the results below!