Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to change your location on Tinder
Changing your location in Tinder is a pretty simple process. It will allow you to meet people who aren’t in your vicinity, which can be great if you’ve exhausted your local list. Tinder is all about making connections, so if you want to cast your net further out, let’s go over how to change your location in Tinder.
Read more: What are Top Picks on Tinder?
To change your location on Tinder, subscribe to Tinder Plus, Gold, or Platinum. After that, go to SETTINGS > Location > Add a new location. Tap on a new location to start swiping somewhere else.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to change your location on Tinder (Tinder Passport)
If you want to change locations in Tinder natively within the app, you can do so by subscribing to Tinder Plus, Gold, or Platinum. For a breakdown of pricing and benefits, check out our Tinder subscriptions guide.
- Launch the Tinder app and go to the Profile tab.
- Tap SETTINGS.
- Under Discovery Settings, tap the Location button. This should say “My Current Location.”
- Tap Add a new location.
- In the global map, tap Go to [location] wherever you want to start swiping.
- Back out and start swiping!
How to change your location on Tinder (VPN)
Tinder uses your phone’s current location data. If you activate a VPN to join a server in another country, you can start swiping there.
- Download (and subscribe to) a VPN service to your device.
- Launch that VPN app.
- Select a location within the VPN app to change your country server.
- After you've connected to your targeted server, open Tinder and begin swiping.