Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
25 Bixby actions to try with your new Galaxy S10
After unboxing your brand new Samsung Galaxy S10 and setting up all the basics, it’s time to let loose and start playing with the plethora of features the device offers. One of them is Bixby, Samsung’s digital assistant that lets you interact with the device through voice commands. Bixby understands thousands of commands and lets you do things like play music and check the weather without even touching the device.
We won’t show you every single command Bixby understands in this post. Instead, we’ll focus on the most popular ones you’ll likely use often to get things done faster. Here are 25 useful Bixby commands you should try out with your new Galaxy S10.
1. Save a contact
- Command: Hi Bixby, add Paul as a new contact with his number 1234-5678.
2. Get up to speed
- Command: Hi Bixby, read me my last text message.
3. Delete sensitive info
- Command: Hi Bixby, delete all messages that contain the word “PIN number.”
4. Capture and share
- Command: Hi Bixby, take a screenshot and text it to Jennifer.
5. Download an app/game
- Command: Hi Bixby, download Instagram from the Google Play Store.
6. Share it with the world
- Command: Hi Bixby, post the last photo I took on Facebook.
7. Enjoy yourself
- Command: Hi Bixby, play a funny cat video on YouTube.
8. Set a timer/stopwatch/alarm….
- Command: Hi Bixby, set a timer for 27 minutes.
9. Get a ride
- Command: Hi Bixby, get me an Uber to the airport.
10. Learn a foreign language
- Command: Hi Bixby, scan this text (with the camera) and translate.
11. Pucker up
- Command: Hi Bixby, take a selfie.
12. Get nostalgic
- Command: Hi Bixby, show me my vacation photos from France.
13. Don’t forget the milk
- Command: Hi Bixby, remind me to pick up milk at 7pm.
14. Find your car
- Command: Hi Bixby, remember where I parked.
15. Check battery status
- Command: Hi Bixby, how long will my battery last?
16. Turn on night vision mode
- Command: Hi Bixby, turn on the flashlight.
17. Better safe than sorry
- Command: Hi Bixby, delete my browser history.
18. Open an app
- Command: Hi Bixby, open the Android Authority app.
19. Check your fitness level
- Command: Hi Bixby, how many steps have I taken today?
20. Get your grub on
- Command: Hi Bixby, find the nearest pizza place.
21. Dance into the night
- Command: Hi Bixby, play dance music on Spotify.
22. Don’t get lost
- Command: Hi Bixby, navigate to Oxford street.
23. Don’t get caught in a storm
- Command: Hi Bixby, what’s the weather like?
24. Don’t be late for that meeting
- Command: Hi Bixby, show my schedule for today.
25. Get rid of the clutter
- Command: Hi Bixby, delete the last two images I took.
There you have it — these are the most useful Bixby commands to try on your Galaxy S10. There are plenty of others you could test out, some of which you can check out in our dedicated Bixby guide.