MetroPCS tends to be ignored, but we have listed it as one of the carriers with the best unlimited data plans, as well as the best prepaid plans. There are plenty of smart reasons to stick with this T-Mobile-owned carrier, but choosing the right phone might be a more complicated task. Looking for the best Metro PCS phones around? There’s actually quite a few on offer, but the bad news is most of these MetroPCS phones are actually pretty awful.
Thankfully, there are a few phones worthy of picking up, both on the flagship and budget end of the spectrum. Let’s jump right in!
Samsung Galaxy S9
The Galaxy S9 is all about refinement. Design, display, photography, and performance were all strong areas for the Galaxy S8 line, and the S9 does all of them better. It’s definately the best Metro PCS phone that’s currently available.
The biggest improvements in the Galaxy S9 have to do with the camera. The S9 sports a single Dual Pixel 12MP autofocus sensor with OIS, along with support for two apertures at f/1.5 and f/2.4. This mechanical iris lens is able to switch between apertures depending on the lighting conditions. If you need something even more powerful, the Galaxy S9 comes with a dual-camera setup on the back.
Samsung also included its own creepier version of Apple’s Animoji, called AR Emoji, allowing you to make GIFs and send cartoony videos to your friends.
This is the new Samsung smartphone flagships, so it’s no surprise that it features the most top-of-the-line specs currently available. It comes with 5.8-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED displays, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and the Snapdragon 845. It’s the best MetroPCS phone you can buy and you can get it now for $699.
Samsung Galaxy S9
- 5.8-inch Super AMOLED display with 2960 x 1440 resolution, 570 ppi
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor
- 4 GB of RAM
- 64 GB of on-board storage, microSD expansion up to 256 GB
- 12 MP rear camera, 8 MP front camera
- Non-removable 3,000 mAh battery
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- 147.7 x 68.7 x 8.5 mm, 163 g
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus review: Top-notch notch-less
- Samsung Galaxy S9 release date, price, and availability
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus specs: All about refinements
- Bixby on the Samsung Galaxy S9: It’s not all bad
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus vs Pixel 2 XL: Two of the best
Motorola Moto E4
The Motorola Moto E4 is one of many Metro PCS phones but it still packs in a lot of hardware specs for the money. It includes a 5-inch 720p display, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor, 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB of onboard storage and a microSD card sloft with even more storage. It also has an 8 MP rear camera, a 5 MP front-facing selfie camera, a 2,800 mAh battery, a fingerprint sensor in the front home button and Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box.
This member of the MetroPCS phones family is priced down to just $49, after a $20 instant discount plus a mail-in rebate of $60.
- 5-inch display with 720 x 1280 resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor
- 2 GB of RAM
- 16 GB of on-board storage, microSD expansion up to 128 GB
- 8 MP rear camera, 5 MP front camera
- Removable 2,800 mAh battery
- Android 7.1 Nougat
- 144.5 x 72 x 9.3 mm, 150 g
ZTE Blade Z Max
If you are looking for a smartphone with a large display without breaking the bank, the recently launched ZTE Blade Z Max is perfect, and a huge addition to the MetroPCS phones library. It has a 6-inch 1080p IPS LCD display, along with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor running at 1.4 GHz. It also has 2 GB of RAM and a decent amount of onboard storage at 32 GB, with a microSD card that allows you to add up to 128 GB of additional storage. There’s a fingerprint sensor on the back as well.
This phone also includes a dual rear camera setup, with a primary 16 MP sensor and a secondary 2 MP camera. This is supposed to give owners some features normally found on more expensive smartphone cameras, including bokeh, monochrome and portrait effects. The phone also comes with a 8 MP front-facing selfie camera. Finally, it has a huge 4,080 mAh battery, which is suppose to offer up to 31 hours of talk time, and Android 7.1.1 out of the box.
This member of the Metro PCS phones family is currently priced at just $99, after a $50 instant discount and a $30 mail in rebate.
- 6-inch IPS LCD display with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 1.4 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 32 GB storage, further expandable via microSD up to 128 GB
- Daul 16 MP and 2 MP rear cameras, 8 MP front-facing camera
- 4,080 mAh battery
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- 166.1 x 84.6 x 8.4 mm, 175 grams
LG Stylo 3 Plus
The LG Stylo 3 Plus is the successor to the older LG Stylo 2 Plus at Metro PCS. The new phone comes with a large 5.7-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 backed by 2 GB of RAM, 32 GB of on-board storage that is further expandable, a 13 MP rear camera and a 5 MP front-facing shooter, and a 3,080 mAh battery. The phone also has a stylus that slots into the device at the top.
There aren’t many options when it comes to smartphones that come with a stylus, and while the Samsung Galaxy Note series requires a huge premium, the LG Stylo 3 Plus is a great option on the affordable side of things. After all available discounts and offers, the MetroPCS phone version of the LG Stylo 3 Plus can be yours for as low as $149 after various deals and offers
- 5.7-inch IPS LCD display with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 1.4 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 processor
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 32 GB storage, further expandable via microSD up to 256 GB
- 13 MP rear camera, 5 MP front-facing camera
- 3,080 mAh battery
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- 155.7 x 79.8 x 7.4 mm, 150 grams
Metro PCS phones – Conclusion
How do like our best Metro PCS phones list? Let us know your opinions in the comments!