Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
This week in Apple: MacBook event scheduled and our iPhone 12 Pro review
This week in Apple news we saw the official announcement of a new hardware event. Taking place next week, we expect Apple to launch the first ARM-based MacBooks. However, it’s unclear when those MacBooks would be available or what else the company might announce.
In other Apple news, we posted the Android Authority review of the iPhone 12 Pro (the iPhone 12 review is coming soon), we got some new info on the iPhone 12 Mini, and heard about some new stuff headed to Apple TV Plus.
See the Apple news roundup below for all the latest.
The top Apple news stories of the past week:
- New Apple hardware event confirmed: Earlier this week, Apple sent out invites for its next hardware event live stream. The event will happen on November 10 at 1:00 PM ET. We expect the company to launch MacBooks with Apple-made silicon based on the ARM architecture. Rumors suggest this could involve two MacBook Pros and one MacBook Air. However, these rumors aren’t confirmed.
- Other new hardware anyone’s guess: While it’s basically guaranteed that we’ll see at least one new MacBook next week, we’re not sure if Apple will launch anything else. There were rumors that AirPods Studio might finally debut, as well as the long-expected AirTags. However, rumors so far don’t give much weight to either. It might just be that this event will be all about MacBooks and that’s it.
- Android Authority’s iPhone 12 Pro review is live: If you missed it earlier today, we posted our full review of the iPhone 12 Pro. Spoiler alert: it’s a great phone if you can look past the inherent flaws of iOS and the weaker battery life.
- iPhone 12 Pro Max and Mini pre-orders open now: If you are interested in getting the larger of the Pro models or the smaller of the standard models, they are both available for pre-order now.
- iPhone 12 Mini won’t see fast MagSafe speeds: Apple confirmed (via a support document) that the iPhone 12 Mini will have a charging speed limit of 12W when connected to a MagSafe charger. This is a slight drop from the 15W other iPhone 12 models support.
- Christopher Walken confirmed for a new series: According to Deadline, legendary actor Christopher Walken will appear in Severance, a new sci-fi thriller series. The show will be an Apple TV Plus exclusive directed by Ben Stiller and also starring Patricia Arquette, Adam Scott, and John Turturro.
Thinking about making the switch?
If you are reading this Apple news article on an iOS device and thinking about making the switch to Android, we have multiple articles and guides that can help you with that process. Despite how it might seem, moving from iOS to Android is easier than ever, and many of the services and systems on iOS have similar or even the same counterparts on Android.
The best place to start would be our guide on how to switch from iPhone to Android, which goes over all the basics. We also have more specific guides, such as how to transfer your calendar from iPhone to Android. We also have app guides that will give you the best alternatives to iOS staples, such as our list of best alternatives to FaceTime on Android.
If you’re looking for a great Android device to replace your iPhone, consult our list of the best Android smartphones available now.