Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
5 Android apps you shouldn't miss this week! - Android Apps Weekly
- We got our first good look at Asphalt 9 this week. The popular racing franchise keeps its usual racing chops. That includes big crashes, impressive graphics, tricks, multiplayer, and more. Gameloft says the game includes 50 real hypercars, 70 tracks, and a career mode with over 800 races. It soft-launched in the Philippines on iOS this week. No date for Android, yet.
- Sony announced a new AR Ghostbusters game this week at MWC 2018. It uses similar ideas to Pokemon Go. You just capture ghosts instead of Pokemon. There was a fun demo at MWC 2018. However, there is no official launch date, yet. Sony promises to launch it by the end of 2018. The game also includes characters and ghosts from all three movies, the cartoons, the comic books, video games, and even theme parks. Neat!
- Dropbox and Google are partnering up. The deal brings Google’s productivity tools to Dropbox’s platform. That includes support for Google Docs, Gmail, and Google Hangouts. It lets people create, edit, save, and share Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets directly from Dropbox. They also announced a deal with Microsoft Outlook and Adobe Creative Cloud for similar features. This could be a big step for Dropbox.
- U.S. carriers banded together this week to do good for once. They want to revamp the two-factor authentication method. The goal is to make it more secure. Basically, they want to setup a system with more checks than the current system. That should make it harder for hackers to access. Testing should begin in a few weeks.
- Spotify filed its IPO this week. It’s probably the best time to do since they sit utop a very competitive field in music streaming. They reportedly earned just under $5 billion USD. However, they also apparently lost about $460 million USD overall. The IPO brings fresh money to the picture. This should help improve Spotify’s services and apps. Reports state that Apple Music is catching up. This may be the boost that Spotify needs to remain competitive.
For even more Android apps and games news, updates, and releases, check out this week’s full newsletter by clicking here! You can also sign up for the newsletter with the form below!
If we missed any great Android apps or games news, releases, or updates, tell us about them in the comments below! Check back next week for more new stuff.