Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
5 Android apps you shouldn't miss this week! - Android Apps Weekly
- Google is no longer the default search engine on Google Chrome in Russia. Users will be able to choose their search engine upon opening the app. This is in response to the lawsuit that cost Google a pretty penny a while back. Hardware partners can still ship with Google apps. However, that is a decision they will have to make. Again, this is only in Russia.
- Facebook’s Lifestage app is dead. The company removed the app from the Play Store earlier this week. For those who don’t remember, it’s was a Snapchat-style app for high school kids. It never really took off. Additionally, it had been months since its last update. Facebook released a statement saying that it was an educational experience. However, at the end of the day, it was an abject failure.
- Disney is breaking their deal with Netflix. The media giant decided to withdrawal their titles from the service. They’re going to open two new streaming services using BAMtech as their backend. That’s the same company that does streaming for MLB and others. Netflix is keeping the Marvel TV stuff. That’s good news. However, the rest of it is going to get expensive for Disney fans.
- Adventure Time games are the flavor of the year it seems. There’s a new one on its way called Adventure Time Champions and Challengers. It’ll feature RPG mechanics, 120 levels, 12 chapters, and more. It’ll almost certainly be a freemium game. You should adjust your expectations accordingly. The game is available for pre-registration now on Google Play.
- Google is allegedly working on a Snapchat-style news story. It’ll work with the current AMP program along with a new thing called The Stories. The two should provide a collection of slides that people scan scroll through. It won’t deliver the detailed news, but most people read headlines these days anyway. The slides will contain words, images, and video, according to sources. Google neither confirmed or denied the rumors.
For even more Android apps and games news, releases, and updates, click here to check out this week’s newsletter! You can sign up for the newsletter using the form below or check out the Android Authority app for faster updates!
If we missed any big Android apps or games news, tell us about it in the comments! Thank you for reading and check back next week for more!