You can now easily root your Nexus with SuperBoot as soon as you have installed SU and Superuser app. With this file, you no longer need the ADB program. Also, it will save you the hassle of modifying files in your phone.
Just follow the instructions below on how to root your device easily.
NOTE: You should have an unlocked bootloader. Be reminded that once you had your bootloader unlocked, everything in your Samsung Galaxy Nexus will be erased.
1. First download this file Superboot r2
2. Extract the zip file to a new folder via winzip/winrar.
3. Put your Phone into Bootloader mode by turning it off and turning it back on by holding the volume up + volume down + power on.
4. You should see this on your screen:
5. If you’re using Windows computer, go to the extracted file and double click ‘install-superboot-windows.bat’
For Mac users, open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type ‘chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh’ followed by ‘./install-superboot-mac.sh’
For Linux users, open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type ‘chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh’ followed by ‘./install-superboot-linux.sh’
6. Your phone is now successfully rooted.