Ever since the new platform’s launch in August, YouTube Gaming has been pretty well received in the game streaming community. Today the Android version of the application is getting quite the update, bringing a new feature to the platform that will likely make mobile users quite happy.
Now anyone with an account will be able to record and live stream mobile gameplay on-the-go, directly from your Android device. Google is calling this feature Mobile Capture. The best part? You don’t even need any extra hardware or software to get this feature working. All you need to do is tap the Go Live button (or your avatar in you’re on a smartphone) in your YouTube Gaming app, turn on your front-facing camera and start recording your commentary with your phone’s microphone.
What’s more, a select number of YouTube Gaming creators will now be able to add sponsorships to their channels. Google says it will be adding to the list of channels overtime, so be on the look out for that if you’re interested.
Here are a few extra changes Google included in this new update:
- More easily see when there are live streams for games in your collection
- Easier video bookmarking with Watch Later
- Improved performance and a redesigned watch page on gaming.youtube.com
- Better search navigation on iOS by remembering your previous searches
- Import existing subscriptions anytime from YouTube via Settings
The update is now live in the Google Play Store, so head to the link below to download the latest version.