Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Xiaomi launches their budget smartphone, Redmi 4A, in India
The Redmi 4 launches soon after the best-selling Redmi Note 4 that launched in India in January.
The Redmi 4A sports a polycarbonate body that is just 8.5 mm thin, and weighs a little over 131 grams. The dual SIM smartphone packs in an infrared sensor so that it can be used as a universal remote for a variety of consumer appliances. However, the device does not include a fingerprint sensor, a fair omission in a device in this price range.
Xiaomi Redmi 4A Specifications
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8
- Display: 5-inch HD (720×1280 pixels) IPS
- Processor: 1.4GHz 64-bit Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 | Adreno 308 GPU
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal Storage: 16GB; expandable up to 128GB with microSD card
- Rear Camera: 13MP | f/2.2 aperture | 5-piece lens
- Front Camera: 5MP | f/2.2 aperture
- Battery: 3120mAh
Priced at ₹5,999 ($92), the Xiaomi Redmi 4A is available in three color variants – Dark Gray, Gold, and a new addition, the Rose Gold – and will be available exclusive on Amazon and Mi.com, starting March 23, 2017 at 12 noon. The rose gold variant will not be available at the launch though, but on a sale starting April 6.
What are your thoughts on this very competitive budget smartphone from Xiaomi? Are you looking to pick one up? Tell us in the comments!