Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
You told us: Here's how many video streaming services you subscribe to
There are plenty of video streaming services to choose from, and often keeping tabs on your favorite shows requires the use of more than one. This can be a pretty pricey undertaking, especially if you subscribe to, say, more than five. However, judging by a recent poll on our website, a considerable number of users do just that.
We asked readers to weigh in on how many video streaming services they subscribe to. Here’s what they told us.
How many video streaming services do you subscribe to?
This poll provided some surprising reading. Not only did the results prove to be surprisingly even across the board, but a notable number of users don’t even subscribe to a video streaming service at all. More than one in five of our readers, or 21% of the respondents, don’t have a video streaming subscription with any platform. It was also the most popular option among the six choices.
Around 17% of readers subscribe to at least one service, but the Goldilocks figure is three. Just over 20% of respondents subscribe to three video streaming services. Some take this a step further, though. While 13.6% of readers claim to subscribe to four streaming services, nearly 12.5% subscribe to “five or more.”
As for the most popular services, Netflix featured prominently in the comments, with Amazon Prime Video, Apple TV Plus, and HBO Max also seeing mentions. Several users also subscribe to BritBox to binge UK TV shows.
Here’s what you told us
- Peter Turner: Netflix, Britbox and Amazon Prime Video.
- Montisaquadeis: Personally none as I use my parents’ accounts.
- JL T0x: I currently have Netflix (long-time user), Hulu, Disney Plus and I get free streaming access to HBOMax, OWN, Lifetime, ESPN, FX, MTV, & 30 other networks via a separate cable/internet subscription with Spectrum. Endless content. Only media content I’d have to pay extra for are some of the newest movies at theatres.
- Mayyours Ransford: Netflix and Apple TV Plus.
- Konrad Uroda-Darłak: Netflix for anime :)
- Tennisfreak: Netflix and HBO Max (but this comes with my ATT phone plan).
If all these companies keep pulling their shows off air and putting them behind subscription paywalls it is going to backfire. People do not have unlimited money or desire to spend on a dozen paid subscriptions.
- Colin English: I subscribe in the UK to Netflix, Now TV, and Britbox. Netflix has certain shows that I want to watch, Now has others, and Britbox has BBC programs from my childhood such as Doctor Who from the 1960s.
That’s it for this poll. Thanks for your votes and comments. If you have any additional thoughts about streaming services or the results, drop them down below.
Next: What is AllBlk?