Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Must read: top 10 Android stories
This week, we went hands-on with the Cat S61, vivo Apex, and Nokia’s new phones for 2018, and much more. Here’s the news of the week!
Who wants to win a Samsung Galaxy S9?
The Samsung Galaxy S9 has just been announced and we’re already giving one away. Here’s how you can win one!
10 Android stories we handpicked for you
Best of MWC 2018: Android Authority’s favorite products from the show MWC 2018 is finally coming to an end, and tons of great products have been shown off at the trade show. Here are our Best of MWC 2018 awards!
Cat S61 hands-on: See like the Predator The Cat S61 might not be the prettiest smartphone we saw at MWC 2018, but it’s certainly one of the most unique.
Android is crying out for another OnePlus X At $250 the OnePlus X was nothing short of a revelation for mid-tier smartphones back in 2015 and its hardware remains competitive today. Android needs a successor to show what can be done on a small budget.
Dear OEMs: Stop calling everything AI AI, AI, AI! Not every feature or product possesses artificial intelligence and it shouldn’t need to. Manufacturers, please stop with the buzzwords!
Nokia 8 Sirocco hands-on: High-end Android One Nokia is revising the popular Sirocco brand with the brand-new Nokia 8 Sirocco. Join us as we go hands-on!
Hands-on: ASUS ZenFone 5Z is powered by the Snapdragon 845, priced below $500 At MWC 2018 ASUS unveiled the new ZenFone 5 series. While only the ZenFone 5 and ZenFone 5 Lite were formally shown off, ASUS has a third model in the works as well.
A smartphone drove our car, and we lived the tell the tale Huawei’s Mate 10 Pro was our chauffeur at MWC 2018.
Sony Xperia XZ2 and XZ2 Compact hands-on Sony has announced the XZ2 and XZ2 Compact, bringing a new design and some great new features to its flagship line of devices.
Hands-on with Nokia’s new lineup from MWC 2018 We go hands on with the Nokia 8 Sirocco, Nokia 7 Plus, Nokia 6 (2018), Nokia One and a rebooted retro Nokia 8810.
vivo Apex hands-on: The next step in the evolution of fingerprint sensors The HTCU11 Plus recently opted for a rear fingerprint scanner for the first time, and the newly announced Galaxy S9 has one as well. But vivo is going in a different direction.
Don’t miss these videos
Watch more Android videos on our YouTube channel.
More hot news
- That’s right, 5G could depend on Corning glass in your antenna
- LG G7 (Neo) spotted at MWC, but no one knows why it’s there
- HUAWEI Watch 3 confirmed, but we’ll have to wait a while
- New Fitbit smartwatch might be the Fitbit Blaze 2
- Samsung boss says being first is no longer important
- Samsung may drop the S-series brand for the Galaxy S9 successor
- Google’s standalone Clips camera is now available
- Google announces big changes for Assistant at MWC 2018
- Leaked image of the HUAWEI P20 Lite shows off iPhone X-like notch, vertically-aligned cameras
- We’re finally getting a first look at the Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery mobile RPG
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus scores 99 on DxOMark, for what it’s worth
- Samsung Galaxy S9 unseats iPhone X as the best smartphone display, says DisplayMate
- HUAWEI CEO calls out competitors ‘using politics’ to kill US deal
From our network
- Bose SoundSport Free review [SoundGuys.com]
- Nokia just made a smart jacket, but it’s not for everyone [DGiT.com]
- Best drones of 2018 [DroneRush.com]