Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Must read: top 10 Android stories
This week we took a first look at Samsung’s new Galaxy Note 8, reviewed Android 8.0 Oreo, and much, much more. Here’s the news of the week!
By the way: There was way too much Galaxy Note 8 content to include in this article, so head here to see all of our Note 8 coverage in one place.
Who wants to win a Samsung Galaxy S8?
The Galaxy S8 is one of the best Android phones on the market right now. Here’s how you can win one!
10 Android stories we handpicked for you
Galaxy Note 8 hands-on: bigger and better where it truly counts How does one of the most feature-packed smartphone lines ever redeem mistakes of the past? We seek to find out in this Samsung Galaxy Note 8 hands-on impressions post.
Android 8.0 Oreo review: Oreo is for everyone In our definitive Android 8.0 Oreo review, we analyze all the new features in Android 8 Oreo and all the small improvements that Google baked into our favorite operating system.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 vs Galaxy S8 quick look What’s new with the Galaxy Note 8 and how does it compare versus the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus? Let’s take a closer look.
The Galaxy Note 8 is up for pre-order: here’s where to buy it Looking to buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 8? We’ve got everything you need to know about the Galaxy Note 8 price, release date, pre-order offers and available colors.
Google announces Android 8.0 Oreo, rolling out to devices soon Surprising pretty much no one, Google has revealed that the next major version of Android, version 8.0, will be called Android Oreo.
Why we wouldn’t care about the Nokia 8 without the Nokia name HMD Global has just launched its first flagship Android phone, the Nokia 8. But would we still be relevant without the Nokia name?
Keep your cash! The Galaxy S8 Plus is a better value than the Note 8 While the Note 8 looks like a solid handset, the Galaxy S8 Plus packs many of the same features and design elements at a much lower price.
How Oreo is better than Nougat In case you haven’t heard, Android 8.0 Oreo is much better than Android 7.0 Nougat, especially when it comes to notifications, audio, and Bluetooth.
What you need to know about Sony’s LDAC Sony’s LDAC Bluetooth codec boasts three times the speed of SBC, while supporting 24-bit 96 kHz Hi-Res music files. Here’s how Sony is doing it.
I want to develop Android apps – what languages should I learn? The official language for Android development is Java, but it isn’t the only language you can use to develop Android apps.
Don’t miss these videos
Watch more Android videos on our YouTube channel.
More hot news
- Samsung’s acting boss Lee Jae-yong facing five-year jail sentence for corruption
- The Essential Phone is finally shipping (without the 360-degree camera)
- BlackBerry to announce its own version of secure Android OS
- Yota 3 (YotaPhone 3) officially revealed with all-new rear E-ink display
- Google Pixel 2 might launch on October 5 with Snapdragon 836
- Owners of the ill-fated Galaxy Note 7 can get a big discount on the Note 8
- Some folks have reported Bluetooth issues with Android Oreo
- Square Enix announces Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition for Android
- Verizon to start throttling video streaming to as low as 480p
- Bixby Voice now available in 200 countries (but only in English and Korean)
- Report: Google to announce smaller Google Home and new Chromebook Pixel
- Google could launch Google Assistant-powered headphones
- Andy Rubin talks new Essential Phone accessories and smartphone addiction
From our network
- Focal Spark review [SoundGuys.com]
- DJI Goggles and the Mavic Pro – a clever VR headset [DroneRush.com]
- Report: HTCis considering selling off Vive business or its company as a whole [VRSource.com]