Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
This week in Android: Microsoft is back in the phone business
This week saw a huge surprise with Microsoft announcing its return to the smartphone market. The Surface Duo is a dual-screened Android device announced alongside a number of other new devices in Microsoft’s Surface line of premium laptops and 2-in-1 devices. It won’t be made available until holiday 2020, but it’s a bold move that could shake up the smartphone industry.
We were plenty busy this week as well, publishing our reviews of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Redmi 8A, and iPhone 11 Pro Max. If you’ve ever wondered what happens when a die-hard Android user reviews the latest iPhone, now is your chance to find out.
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- Microsoft Surface Duo is an Android-based foldable device — It’s like a tiny Surface clamshell laptop that also has full access to the Google Play Store.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 review: Why you should — and shouldn’t — want it— It might not be the Note you know, but it’s still a great option for a new Note audience.
- Redmi 8A review: Incredible value at an incredible price — Bigger screen, a longer-lasting battery, and an all-new design at a slightly higher price.
- I spent the week with the iPhone 11 Pro Max: Here are my thoughts — What’s it like on the other side? I spent a week with the new iPhone 11 Pro to find out.
- HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro camera review: Low-light king! — Can the HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro take the crown in the ever-innovating smartphone camera space? Let’s find out!
- Galaxy Note 10 Plus vs iPhone 11 Pro camera comparison: Flagship fight — We pit the Galaxy Note 10 Plus against the iPhone 11 Pro In this head-to-head camera comparison.
- Snapdragon 855 and 855 Plus vs Kirin 990 — What’s the most powerful smartphone SoC? Check out the results of our extensive testing!
- The history of Android Easter eggs — With Android Q, I mean 10, rolling out now, we take a look back at all of the hidden Android Easter eggs from years past.
- Where the heck is the POCOphone F2? — The POCOphone F1 was a huge hit back in 2018, with great hardware at a low price. So where is the POCOphone F2?
- Windows 10X: Everything we know about Microsoft’s new dual-screen OS — Windows 10X is the perfect software to compliment highly flexible and multi-purpose devices.
Learn more on the Android Authority Podcast
It was a busy week on the podcast, with no less than four new episodes. Subscribe to keep track of all of the latest, but here is a quick taste:
In this week’s news episode, we gave our impressions of Microsoft’s shocking new devices. Listen to the full episode below.
We also sat down with Eric Zeman to talk about the Samsung Galaxy Fold, and what he thought after spending nearly a week with the device.
But that wasn’t the only review episode, because we also talked to Ryan-Thomas Shaw about why he’s so excited about the Mate 30.
Want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Subscribe using your favorite player below!
Who wants to win a OnePlus 7T?
This week, we’re giving away a brand new OnePlus 7T smartphone. Enter this week’s Sunday giveaway for your chance to win!
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.