Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
This week in Android: Pixel leaks and OnePlus 7 Pro hype
This week we learned pretty much everything there is to learn about the Google’s upcoming mid-range Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL. That doesn’t mean that next week’s Google I/O won’t be without news. Look forward to learning more about Android Q and Google Stadia, among other things.
OnePlus is hyping the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro devices ahead of their official May 14 launch date. The more expensive OnePlus 7 Pro features a triple camera set up with a pop up selfie cam and a fancy new color, but no IP rating or headphone jack. The lack of an official IP rating didn’t stop OnePlus from dropping it into a bucket of water, although you shouldn’t do that with your device.
As for currently available phones, we pushed out a review of the Samsung Galaxy A70 and an unboxing of the OPPO F11 Pro Avengers Endgame edition. We also got a look at the new Android Automotive platform in the Polestar 2 electric vehicle.
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- Samsung Galaxy A70 review: Bigger and better — The Samsung Galaxy A70 is big and beautiful, but is that enough to beat the power-packed competition?
- OPPO F11 Pro Avengers Endgame edition unboxing: An incredible phone for the fans — This phone is a perfect way to commemorate the movie and serve diehard fans.
- Hands-on: The Polestar 2 has Android running in its veins — The Polestar 2 EV is the first vehicle to feature Android Automotive, a new platform that injects Android into your car’s DNA.
- Black Eye Pro Kit G4 lens review: Clip-on lenses expand your phone’s potential — Can Black Eye’s clip-on lenses replace a dedicated DSLR? We found out.
- HUAWEI P30 Pro vs Mate 20 Pro: Is the better camera worth it? — On paper, the P30 Pro should easily win, but the Mate 20 Pro could actually be the better choice for many people.
- What is Night Mode and how does it work? — We break down everything there is to know about these low-light smartphone shooting modes and how they work.
- OnePlus One with a Pie-based ROM: Does it change much? — We used a OnePlus One for a week on old software. What happens with an upgrade to Android 9 Pie?
- What does the Apple H1 chip mean for audio? Do Android users have an alternative? — The Apple H1 promises to simplify Bluetooth audio pairing while providing longer battery life. But what about alternative SoCs?
- Emulators for Android guide: Can your phone handle these consoles? — What do you need to run PSP or even GameCube games at a smooth pace? Find out in our Android hardware emulation guide.
- I spent a week with a $17 KaiOS phone: here’s what I learned — We switched from a $1,000 smartphone to a super-cheap KaiOS phone for a week. For science.
Learn more on the Android Authority Podcast
On this week’s edition of the podcast we discuss LG’s bad streak, the failure of the Energizer P18k Pop, and the merits of a $17 feature phone. Click below to start listening now!
Want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Subscribe using your favorite player below!
Who wants to win a Google Pixel 3 XL?
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.