Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
This week in Android: Amazon Prime Day Eve, Mi Band 4 review, and Note 10 leaks
I sound like a broken record, I know, but today is officially Amazon Prime Day Eve and plenty of deals are already live. Check out our deal hub for the details, and be sure to stay tuned to the website tomorrow and Tuesday as we’ll be posting many more Prime Day deals.
This was a week full of reviews. I reviewed the Xiaomi Mi Band 4, Xiaomi’s budget fitness tracker that somehow costs only $40. Ollie reviewed Mobvoi’s TicWatch Pro 4G/LTE. Spoiler alert: It’s the same thing as the TicWatch Pro but with 4G. Dhruv also compared the Samsung Galaxy M40 against the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro, and C. Scott Brown told you everything to know about signing up for Google Fi vs T-Mobile.
We also saw two major leaks this week. First, the Google Pixel 4 XL leaked in new renders, showing off its big ol’ forehead (okay, it’s not really that bad) and dual front cameras. Renders of the Galaxy Note 10 also leaked this week, showing the lack of a headphone jack that’s sure to cause a stir amongst Note diehards.
Read on below for even more top stories of the week.
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- Amazon Prime Day 2019: Early deals are going live! — Amazon Prime Day 2019 is just around the corner. Here’s what you should expect.
- Xiaomi Mi Band 4 review: Xiaomi’s done it again — At $40, should you buy the Xiaomi Mi Band 4 or pay double that for a comparable device from a competitor?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 redux: In the shadow of the Note 10 — The Note 10 is just around the corner, so we decided to look back at the Note 8 to see how it fairs in 2019!
- Everything new in the fifth Android Q developer preview — Google just released Android Q Beta 5. Here’s what’s new.
- Mobvoi TicWatch Pro 4G/LTE review: Stuck in time — How do you follow up one of the best Wear OS watches ever made? If you’re Mobvoi, by not doing much at all.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10: All the rumors in one place — The Galaxy Note 10 is definitely landing on August 7, and we’ve seen some supposed real-life pics.
- Samsung Galaxy M40 vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro: Samsung fights back — Will Samsung manage to displace the latest Xiaomi Redmi Note? Here’s the Samsung Galaxy M40 vs the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro!
- Google Pixel 4 XL seems to have large bezels, and it could be a wise move — The Google Pixel 4 XL seems to have substantial bezels, but there are loads of reasons why this is a sensible move.
- U.S. clarifies HUAWEI trade ban status, but a big question remains — Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross has attempted to shed light on HUAWEI’s trade ban, but we’re still confused.
- Google Fi vs T-Mobile: Which is right for you? — If you can’t decide between Google Fi vs T-Mobile, we can help!
Learn more on the Android Authority Podcast
Want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Subscribe using your favorite player below!
Who wants to win a Samsung Galaxy S10?
This week, we’re giving away TWO brand new Samsung Galaxy S10s. Enter this week’s Sunday giveaway for your chance to win!
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.