Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
This week in Android: Galaxy S20 leaks, POCO F2 details, and more!
This week we learned all about the Samsung Galaxy S20 lineup ahead of next month’s official launch event. We’ve seen leaked specs, real-life images, and even a short video showing one of the devices. Keep up with the latest rumors and leaks here.
Another highly anticipated device was in the news this week, with Xiaomi registering the POCO F2 trademark in India. Later in the week Xiaomi announced that POCOphone will spin off into its own brand, similar to other former sub-brands like Redmi. Expect more news on the POCO F2 soon.
Not wanting to miss out on the news cycle, OnePlus also announced that it’s developed an all new 120Hz QHD+ OLED display, which will be included in its upcoming OnePlus 8 smartphones. Even better, the new phones feature a custom Motion Estimation, Motion Compensation (MEMC) chip that will bump ordinary 30fps footage up to 120fps to take advantage of the higher refresh rate.
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20e: Everything we know so far — Updated: There’s a newly leaked Galaxy S20 Plus hands-on video and its accompanying specs.
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10 camera review: The first 108MP phone camera — The Mi Note 10 is certainly a flexible shooter, but it doesn’t quite excel the things it sets out to.
- Single-core vs multi-core processors: Which are better for smartphones? — Why use multi-cores in smartphone processors? What are the pros and cons? Gary Explains!
- Ignore that stupid phone burning steel wool tweet, 5G won’t fry your brain — The latest round of 5G scaremongering has begun, but don’t fall for it. 5G technology is perfectly safe to use.
- Microsoft Launcher 6.0 impressions: Testing the Surface Duo’s launcher — Microsoft Launcher 6.0 includes several UI and usability tweaks, but will it be ready for the Surface Duo?
- Here are the best times to buy a new phone and save big money — To get a great deal on a new phone, you have to be smart and patient. Here’s how to go about it.
- 8 things iOS does better than Android — Why do people keep going back to iOS? The truth is there are certain things iOS does better than Android.
- Pulse oximeter: What is it and why does it matter? — The pulse oximeter sensor is making its way into more and more wearables, but what does it do? Allow us to explain.
- A definitive guide to everything that affects smartphone battery life — Here are all of the things that can contribute to bad battery life.
- AA essentials for mobile gamers — Whether you want to become a PUBG Mobile pro or just level up your mobile gaming hobby, these are the essentials.
Learn more on the Android Authority Podcast
This week on the podcast we gave our thoughts on the Samsung Galaxy S20, Alphabet’s $1 trillion valuation, new Bluetooth codecs, and more!
Want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Subscribe using your favorite player below!
Who wants to win a Samsung Galaxy S10?
This week, we’re giving away a brand new Samsung Galaxy S10 smartphone. Enter this week’s Sunday giveaway for your chance to win!
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.