Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
You told us: You overwhelmingly hate system ads on the Galaxy S22 series
We didn’t like the fact that Samsung would do this on a $1,200 phone, but what do readers think of system ads on the new flagships? We posed this question last week and here’s how you answered it.
What do you think of system ads in the Galaxy S22 series?
Over 2,100 votes were counted as of writing, and it’s no surprise to see that the majority of respondents say they hate the idea of system ads on the Galaxy S22 series. In fact, the “I hate it” camp accounted for over 80% of the vote.
Some of the comments against Samsung’s ads point to the fact that phones like the Galaxy S22 Ultra indeed retail for $1,200. So it’s not as if Samsung is selling the device with a razor-thin margin (or at a loss).
Meanwhile, 18% of polled readers say they’re okay with system ads in the Galaxy S22 series. A couple of comments note that ads like the notification shade ad can be disabled by turning off the relevant notifications.
- nox: still pushing the greed. if I spend $1200 on a phone, I better not see ads on the stock apps. thats ridiculous
- Stanley Kubrick: Just another reason I will never again own a Samsung phone. Their loss!
- MW: I purchased my first iPhone when the 13 came out and have been waiting since September to get rid of it for the s22. After this news, not anymore.
- Sandeep: By turning the push notification ON you are accepting the ads. Isn’t it? Why not turn it off? What does it do anyway? I turn ‘everything samsung’ off.
- tegz: All of you crying about it are hilarious. If you would even read up you would realize that it’s a notification from the shop Samsung app. It’s not an ad that just pops up in your notifications. I only turn on notifications for apps I actually use so it’s not a big deal to me.
At what price point do system ads become unreasonable to you? Let us know below!