Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Sync iTunes with Android - How to Transfer iTunes Music to Android
Don’t get too excited on how to sync your Android device with iTunes just yet. Before anything else, you have to download two apps that you are going to use later. You are required to download and install:
Making iSyncr work optimally requires two general steps. The first one is to set up and configure iSyncr properly on your Android phone, and the second one is to properly set up and configure PlayerPro Music Player on your phone.
Set Up iSyncr on Your Android Device
- Download and install iSyncr to your Android phone. Download the version for the operating system running on your computer (i.e., the Windows version for Windows machines, and the Mac version for Mac machines).
- Run the iSyncr app on your phone.
- You will be asked where to install iSyncr. If your phone has more than one storage area, you can choose to install to both storage areas.
- When the installation finishes, you will see a reminder about the proper way to disconnect your device from your computer after syncing. After this, you will have the option to view a tutorial about using iSyncr. You can skip the tutorial if you like.
- Go to the app’s home screen. Tap on the Settings icon.
- In the app’s Settings screen, enable “Play Count Logging” and “Auto Clean Playlists.”
- You can also set the Playcount Sensitivity and Skip Threshold according to your personal preference.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- When asked for a connection type, choose to mount your phone as a disk drive or as a USB Mass Storage device. This will enable your computer to use your phone as a removable drive.
- Open the removable drive in My Computer.
- Launch the iSyncr executable file located in the removable drive.
- Click on the Options button. In the Options screen, enable “Sync iTunes Album Art” and “Remember Selected Playlists.”
- On the list of playlists, check those playlists that you want to sync, then click the Sync button.
Set Up PlayerPro Music Player on Your Android Device
Now that you already have your iTunes music synced with your Android device, the next thing that you need is a music player that works in harmony with iSyncr. The best choice so far is PlayerPro Music Player because of its ability to synchronize play counts, lyrics, ratings, album art, and ID3 tags. Of course, you have to first install this app and again take note of configuration settings to set it up properly. Here are the instructions for setting it up:
- Download and install PlayerPro Music Player from the Android Market.
- Run the app.
- In the app’s main screen, tap the Menu button, then tap the Settings button.
- Go to Music Library > Scrobbling, and select “Simple Last.fm” from the list to make sure that play and skip counts are synced to both iSyncr and iTunes.
- Go to Music Library > Rating System, and select “iSyncr” from the list.
- Go to Look and Feel and enable “Prefer ID3 artwork”.
If you have grown accustomed to the way your iPod works, setting up your Android phone in the manner described in this guide will help you keep that familiar experience. Everything from iTunes playlists, artists, albums, album art, lyrics, ratings and ID3 tags is synced between iTunes and your Android device–not to mention that any changes in your playlists are also automatically updated.
Have you tried setting up your Android device to sync with iTunes?