Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Samsung continues Good Lock love with new features and bug fixes
- Samsung Good Lock and its various associated apps just got major updates.
- Along with the usual bug fixes, some brand new features are available as well.
- You can manually update Samsung Good Lock using the three-dot menu inside the app.
Samsung fans were disappointed when the company removed its popular Good Lock customization app a few years ago. But Sammy recently brought Good Lock back from the dead, and it doesn’t appear to be stopping the love anytime soon, as Good Lock and its associated apps are now receiving multiple updates and new features.
The full changelog for today’s updates is pretty long, but here are some of the notable standouts:
- Task Changer now features a background blur option and the ability to focus on the current app.
- Quick Star also gets a blur background option, as well as new customization options for the status bar.
- Lock Star users can now use system and Clock Face’s clocks on the lock screen.
- New “condition release” functions are added to Routines.
Along with these and other feature additions, there are also myriad improvements and bug fixes to existing elements.
To update the main Good Lock app, open up Good Lock and tap the three-dot icon to expand the menu. You can manually update there. To update the respective apps within Good Lock, you should be able to open up each app to manually update.
If you don’t yet have Good Lock and it is available in your area, you can find the apps in the Galaxy Apps Store. You must be using a Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9 Plus, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 Plus, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy Note 8, or Galaxy Note FE phone running Android 8.0 Oreo or above to use Good Lock.