Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G gains February 2022 security patch
Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip series update hub! Here you’ll find all the latest information on software updates for the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip and Galaxy Z Flip 5G. We’ll tell you what the current software versions are for each device and also give you a heads up when new updates are rolling out.
- Current stable version: Android 12
- When will the Galaxy Z Flip get Android 13? January 2023
Latest Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Update
February 16, 2022: The Galaxy Z Flip’s last update gave it One UI 4 based on Android 12. However, both the carrier-locked and unlocked models were stuck on the December 2021 security patch. Samsung is correcting that now.
According to SamMobile, Samsung has started rolling out the February security patch to the Galaxy Z Flip in over 50 countries across Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, South America, and Southeast Asia. The update comes with firmware version F700FXXS8FVA2 and fixes many privacy and security-related vulnerabilities.
You can manually check for the update by heading to Settings > Software update on your phone.
Previous Samsung Galaxy Z Flip updates
- January 31, 2022: After rolling out Android 12 to the Galaxy Z Flip 5G in Europe, Samsung has made the One UI 4 update available to the phone in the US. According to SamMobile, both carrier-locked and unlocked models of the Galaxy Z Flip 5G received Android 12 in the US. Carrier-locked models got firmware version F707USQS2EUL9, while unlocked models saw firmware version F707U1UEU2EUL9.
- December 30, 2021: After rolling out Android 12 to the majority of its current flagships, Samsung started pushing its One UI 4 update to the original Galaxy Z Flip and Galaxy Z Flip 5G. According to SamMobile, the update was made available in Europe for both devices.
- December 29, 2021: The December 2021 patch finally landed in the US through firmware versions F707USQS2DUL1 and F707U1UES2DUL1 for carrier-locked and unlocked Galaxy Z Flip 5G models.
- November 30, 2021: Samsung rolled out the December 2021 security patch to users in Australia, Europe, and Singapore with firmware version number F707BXXS6EUK1.
- November 10, 2021: The Galaxy Z Flip 5G received the November 2021 security patch. The relevant firmware version number is F707BXXS5EUJ2.
- October 13, 2021: Samsung rolled out the October 2021 security patch to the Galaxy Z Flip. The firmware version F700FXXS8EUI2 fixed plenty of vulnerabilities but didn’t have any new features.
- September 24, 2021: The Galaxy Z Flip received the September 2021 Android security patch in the US through firmware version F700USQS4EUI1 (h/t SamMobile).
- August 31, 2021: A big update rolled out to the Galaxy Z Flip. Bearing firmware number F700FXXU8EUH5, the patch included the hotly-anticipated One UI 3.1.1 update. The new UI revision brought Flex Mode Panel and Drag and Split support to the phone. The September 2021 Android security patch was also included.
- August 5, 2021: An update brought the August security update and little else to Samsung’s flip phone.
- May 28, 2021: A patch bringing the June security update rolled out in late May. Per SamMobile, the update packed firmware version F707BXXS3DUE1.
- April 15, 2021: The 4G model received an update with the April security patch halfway through the month. The update also arrived on 5G variants later in April.
- February 17, 2021: A big update occurred when Samsung announced the availability of One UI 3.1 for the Galaxy Z Flip (and a host of other phones). It brings an improved Single Take mode, object eraser tool, multi-mic recording, and more.
- December 2020: Both the Galaxy Z Flip 4G and 5G models received the One UI 3.0 update at the end of last year. The Android 11-based update delivered the usual Android 11 additions as well as most of the expected Samsung features ad tweaks. It also brought the December 2020 security patch.
- August 22, 2020: The One UI 2.5 update rolled out to the Galaxy Z Flip 4G. This brought quite a few video recording options, the ability to request a Wi-Fi password from a contact, and a couple of other tweaks. We also got the August 2020 security update.
- February 15, 2020: Exactly a week into its launch, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4G received its first software update. According to SamMobile, the Galaxy Z Flip 4G software update brought the Single Take mode to the camera. The feature was supposed to be available on the phone out of the box, but it seems like Samsung was in a rush to get the phone out of the door. The update also brought the February 2020 security patch.
Let us know which Galaxy Z Flip update you’re rocking in the comments. Also, feel free to tip us if you’ve spotted a recent update we’ve missed!