Key details regarding the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960) and Galaxy S9 Plus (SM-G965) have leaked via WinFuture.de. Though the source isn’t mentioned, the German website appears to have gotten its hands on marketing materials and the core specs details for the new handsets, expected to be launched at the weekend.
The leak compounds much of the previous speculation while expanding on some of the smaller details, though we still don’t have a firm price. Given that the information arrives alongside some convincing renders, it’s likely to be largely accurate. Check out the core details below:
- Display: 5.8-inch (S9) and 6.2-inch (S9 Plus) Super AMOLED, 18.5:9 aspect ratio, 2960 x 1440 pixels.
- Chipset: Exynos 9810 octa-core (4 x 1.9 GHz & 4 x 2.9 GHz) SoC in Europe and Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 (4 x 1.7 GHz + 4 x 2.6 GHz) SoC in the US.
- RAM: 4 GB (S9) / 6 GB (S9 Plus).
- Storage: 64 GB (UFS 2.1), expandable up to 400 GB via MicroSD card.
- Rear camera: 12 MP rear camera with OIS and variable aperture (f/1.5-f/2.4) (S9) / Dual-12 MP rear camera with OIS and variable aperture (f/1.5-f/2.4+f/2.4) (S9 Plus). Laser and dual-pixel autofocus, super slow-motion recording (up to 960 FPS).
- Front camera: 8 MP (f/1.7) with autofocus.
- Battery: 3,000 mAh (S9) / 3,500 mAh (S9 Plus) with USB Type-C. Includes fast and wireless charging.
- Speakers: AKG-tuned stereo speakers with surround sound.
- Extras: IP68 certification, iris scanner, facial recognition.
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo with Samsung Experience 9.0 UI.
- Color variants: Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Lilac Purple, Titanium Grey (availability may depend on region).
Pre-orders for the devices are said to go live on February 25, and they may ship as early as March 8. Take a look at some more pictures over at WinFuture.de.