Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series: Where to buy (Updated: On sale!)
Update: August 21, 2020 (04:54 AM ET): The pre-order period for the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra in has ended in the US. The flagship phones are now available on sale for anyone who wants to buy them. Hit one of the buttons below to grab yours!
Original article, August 5, 2020 (10:00 AM ET): Samsung has made its Galaxy Note 20 series official after months and months of leaks and rumors. The phones are shaping up to be pretty impressive on paper, with the Korean brand bringing plenty of power, relatively large batteries, and that S Pen goodness.
Of course, this doesn’t mean much if you can’t get the new Note. So here’s what you need to know about the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 price, release date, and availability. You can scroll down for all the details or hit the button below to pre-order the phone.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra release date
The Korean manufacturer announced the Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra at its Unpacked virtual event on August 5, with US pre-orders kicking off on the next day (August 6). Consumers in the US can now pick up a Galaxy Note 20 series device via carriers and retailers.
Unfortunately, those countries not part of the first wave of launch will need to wait a few more weeks for local availability.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra price and availability
Looking to get the S Pen-toting phones in the US? Then you’ll be spending a minimum of $999.99 for the Galaxy Note 20, which is only available in one RAM/storage variant. Meanwhile, those after the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra will need to spend $1,299.99 for the option with 12GB of RAM and 128GB of expandable storage. There’s also a 12GB/512GB option if you really need more internal storage, topping out at $1,449.99.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20: $999 (8GB/128GB)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: $1,299 (12GB/128GB), $1,449.99 (12GB/512GB)
The new phones are available in a variety of colorways, and you can check out the options below.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20: Mystic Gray, Mystic Green, Mystic Bronze
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: Mystic Black, Mystic White, Mystic Bronze
Samsung’s own website is one of the better places to get the Note 20 series right now, as the firm is giving away $150 or $200 in store credit if you pre-order the Note 20 or Note 20 Ultra. This credit can be redeemed via the website or the Shop Samsung app, and you can spend it on accessories for your new phone or put it towards the new Game Pass bundle (featuring a gamepad and three months of Game Pass).
The manufacturer says it’s also dishing out an extra 7.5% discount to consumers who purchase the phones via their Samsung Money by SoFi account. Pre-orders also get four months of YouTube Premium and six months of Spotify Premium.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra India price and availability
In India and intrigued by the new flagships? Then there’s good news, as consumers can now pre-order the Note 20 or Note 20 Ultra in the country. You can also expect the latter device to be 5G-enabled. View the pricing details below.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 (4G only): Rs 77,999 (8GB/256GB)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: Rs 104,999 (12GB/256GB)
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra EU and UK price and availability
European and UK customers are also be getting in on the Note action. There’s also a cheaper, 4G-only Note 20 version, and the entry model for each phone ups the storage from 128GB to 256GB. Check out the pricing below.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 (4G only): £849/€959 (8GB/256GB)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20: £949/€1,059 (8GB/256GB)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: £1,179/€1,309 (12GB/256GB), £1,279/€1,409 (12GB/512GB)
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra best deals and offers
AT&T has revealed its Galaxy Note 20 series offerings and you can find its installment prices below.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20: From $33.34 a month for 30 months (128GB, $999.99 retail).
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: From $43.34 per month for 30 months (128GB, $1,299.99 retail), $48.34 a month for 30 months (512GB, $1,449.99 retail).
AT&T is holding a limited time offer for new and existing customers, letting you trade in an eligible phone to get the Note 20 for free. Well, technically you’re getting $1,000 credit, and you need to buy it on a 30-month installment plan with the network’s unlimited plan.
Verizon has also confirmed its Galaxy Note 20 sales, with the core offerings as follows.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20: From $41.66 a month for 24 months on Verizon Device Payment (0% APR; $999.99 retail).
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: From $54.16 a month for 24 months on Verizon Device Payment (0% APR; $1,299.99 retail).
The network is also offering a number of promos, such as buying any Note 20 device on a premium Unlimited plan and getting a second Note 20 series or S20 series phone as low as free. Buy a Note 20 series phone on any other unlimited plan, and the second aforementioned phone is available half off.
Verizon is also slashing 25% off all Note 20 cases, screen protectors, and charging goodies during the pre-order period.
T-Mobile is selling the Galaxy Note 20 series as well with these prices:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20: From $41.67 a month for 24 months on T-Mobile’s Equipment Installment Plan (128GB, $999.99 retail).
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: From $54.17 a month for 24 months on T-Mobile’s Equipment Installment Plan (128GB, $1,299.99 retail), or for $149.99 down and $54.17 a month for 24 months on T-Mobile’s Equipment Installment Plan (512GB, $1,499.99 retail),
T-Mobile is also offering some promos, including getting a second Galaxy Note 20 for free with the purchase of the first Note 20, or up to $1,000 off a second qualifying Galaxy smartphone of equal or lesser value when you add a line. You may also be able to get up to $500 off a Galaxy Note 20 or Note 20 Ultra, when you trade in a qualifying device.
UScellular is selling the new phones with the following offers and discounts:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20: From $9.99 a month for 30 months for new customers who sign up for Port in and Everyday or Even Better Unlimited plans.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: From $19.99 a month for 30 months for new customers who sign up for Port in and Everyday or Even Better Unlimited plans.
In addition, current upgrade-eligible UScellular customers on the Basic, Everyday or Even Better Unlimited plans can get $300 in bill credits when purchasing either the Note 20 or Note 20 Ultra.
This is all we know about the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 price and availability. We’ll be updating this article with more deals and other details as we hear about them. In the meantime, you can check out more Samsung Unpacked news below.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 is here: Everything but the kitchen sink
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra specs: You give a little, get a little
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 is here: The do-everything smartwatch
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Live are here: Samsung spills the beans
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 takes on the iPad Pro with 5G