Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Samsung wants to give you a prize pack worth $7k just for playing Fortnite
- Samsung is running a new contest for Fortnite gamers that could win you a prize pack worth $7,000.
- The grand prize also gets you a chance to stream Fortnite with gaming celebrity Ninja.
- The Samsung Fortnite contest does have some very specific rules you must follow to gain entry.
Originally, the only way to play Fortnite for Android was on a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 or Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. That Samsung Fortnite exclusive is over now, but Samsung still wants to reward early adopters of the Note 9 and Tab S4 by running a contest that could net you a $7,000 prize package along with the ability to stream a Fortnite game with gaming celebrity Ninja.
In the $7,000 prize package is a 65-inch Samsung QLED Smart 4K UHD TV, a Samsung 49-inch QLED gaming monitor, a set of AKG wireless noise-canceling headphones, and a $1,750 check made payable to the winner to be used to help offset taxes of those prizes. The grand prize winner will get that package along with the streaming event with Ninja, and three additional first prize winners will get just the $7,000 worth of gear.
Additionally, one hundred second prize winners will get just the set of AKG headphones, which have a retail value of $349.
This all sounds great, right? You’re probably like, “How do I get started winning all this cool stuff?!” Well, settle in for a bit, because the fine print of this contest is essentially a laundry list of exclusions, limitations, and complicated tasks:
- You must own a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 or Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 and have earned yourself the Samsung Galaxy Fortnite skin.
- You must record an image or video of your Fortnite game using the Galaxy Skin.
- You must post that image or video to either Twitter or Instagram along with the hashtags “#NinjaGalaxySquad” and “#contest”.
- If entering via Twitter, you must be a @SamsungMobileUS follower and accept @SamsungMobileUS as a follower, and have your privacy settings set to “public.”
- If entering via Instagram, you must be a @samsungmobileusa follower and have your account privacy settings set to “off”.
- Conversely, you can email Samsung at firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name, full address, date of birth, and a photo or video of you playing Fortnite with or without a Galaxy Skin to enter.
- Winners will be determined on or about October 1, 2018, by Daniel J. Edelman, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the contest based on the following criteria: 40 percent Creativity/Originality, 30 percent Brand Appropriateness, and 30 percent Relevance to Theme.
- One entry per person.
- Contest closes on September 30, 2018, at 11:59 P.M. ET.
- The contest is open to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, eighteen years of age or older as of date of entry.
I don’t know about you, but that prize pack sounds pretty sweet! But you’d better follow all the rules when you enter, or your one-time entry won’t even count. Good luck!